|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21032W||Glasgow||Dual Location - Home & Glasgow Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Working Week||N/A|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
The Intelligence Analyst will work within 3’s Fraud Risk function, report to the Investigations Manager and can be based in either Glasgow or Reading.
The key nature of the role will be to provide an intelligence support to H3G UK, the investigations team, and provide pro-active insight into current/ future threats. The role will require the input and production of key statistical data for use in the measurement of Anti Bribery and Corruption registers (ABAC), along with any other statistical data required including Information Commissioners Office (ICO). You will be responsible for liaison with stakeholders across the business and wider industry to ensure the collation and dissemination of accurate information to ensure the organisation are informed of risk. You will be responsible for working with the business to identify and report risks to the investigations manager for further investigation or dissemination.
As an Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying fraud patterns/ trends. You will be responsible for ensuring all intelligence is collated and inputted within fraud management systems, distributed to external agencies, and intelligence packages developed for further investigation. You will review any developing trends across the mobile sector and respond accordingly in-line with company strategic objectives. You will provide insight regarding ‘Top Risk Exposure’ within retail/ core and produce statistical data for upward reporting.
- Provide an intelligence support to the investigations team.
- Provide pro-active insight into current/ future threats.
- To input and produce key statistical data for use in the measurement of Anti Bribery and Corruption registers, along with any other statistical data required including ICO.
- Liaison with stakeholders across the business and wider industry to ensure the collation and dissemination of accurate information to ensure the organisation are informed of risk.
- Responsible for identifying fraud patterns/ trends.
- Ensuring all intelligence is collated and inputted within fraud management systems.
- Distribution of intelligence via 3x5x2 to external agencies.
- Develop intelligence packages for further investigation
- Provide insight regarding ‘Top Risk Exposure’ within retail and core.
- Carry out DPA checks inline with guidelines
- Strong relationship building skills at all business levels.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate/ provide useful insight regarding large volumes of data
- Self starter.
Nice to Haves
- Good knowledge of Telecoms Fraud.
- Understanding of Data Protection in particular 29(3).
- Analytical skills.
- Understand of the principles of the National Intelligence Model.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to learn quickly.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.