|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|20003A||Maidenhead||Maidenhead Office (Star House)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week.||17/02/2020|
We've got big ambitions.
Ambitions that see us want to grow and become one of the nation's best-loved brands.
Sound interesting? That's just the start.
We're leading our industry in terms of change, and delivering amazing experiences for our customers. And our Legal, Commercial & Regulatory Affairs team use their expertise to support it all.
We're a bunch of subject matter experts brimming with talent. Firing on all cylinders with a culture that not only takes care of our people but empowers them to deliver career-defining work and projects.
All this means we need more brilliant people. Ones who share our ambition, and get stuck in with the next and most exciting part of our story.
Are you in?
Reporting to the Data Protection Officer, you will play a pivotal part to ensure H3G complies with the requirements of legal and regulatory obligations in respect to data protection and other codes of practice and regulatory guidance. Joining a high performing and fun team, you will help protect Three from regulatory risk and action whilst driving the compliance programme forward.
• Ensure that H3G UK a remain properly registered under the law and maintains and active article 30 register of processing activities, driving audit and associated data management processes.
• Provide pro-active, practical and commercial guidance and assistance to the business with regard to data protection matters.
• Assist the DPO in development of appropriate policies and help influence key stakeholders to buy in to the policies, identifying and addressing gaps in compliance.
• Assist Three UK in driving GDPR compliance into its transformation programme.
• Conduct GDPR compliance reviews.
• Assist DPO in pro-actively analysing existing operations policies, processes, systems and controls to assess areas for improvement in respect of data protection and make recommendations for change.
• Assist and lead the GDPR Programme from a project management perspective ensuring timely recording of all activity through stakeholder engagement and reporting.
• Monitor compliance with applicable policies and reporting non-compliance to the DPO with recommendations of corrective actions.
• Manage the subject access request process. Ensure full compliance with a customer’s rights while mitigating any risks arising from disclosure.
• Support the DPO with the management of data breach prevention in the event of non-compliance. Ensure breaches are adequately controlled, escalated and addressed.
• Manage and oversee recording and mitigating any identified risk/non-compliance.
• Manage and oversee alleged breaches of the data protection legislation and report to the DPO with recommended course of actions.
• Keep up to date with Regulatory/Legal developments and brief DPO and the business accordingly.
• Develop and deliver business specific training materials to ensure employees have the training they require to enable them to comply with data protection legislation (UK).
• Manage network of data protection stakeholders. Communicate regular updates and gather information necessary to support compliance.
• Represent the DPO internally where required.
• Maintain a DP knowledge base on the intranet.
• Liaise with authorities and regulators where necessary or required.
• Liaise with customers where necessary or required.
• Experience in advising on Data Protection issues in a B2C environment.
• Good understanding and knowledge of UK data protection legislation.
• Knowledge of UK data protection regulatory regime.
• Knowledge & use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
• Excellent communicator – able to communicate with all levels of the business in a clear, concise, but collaborative way.
• Strong analytical and guidance/report writing skills – ability to perform detailed analysis and write clear concise reports and advisory briefs.
• Proven ability to implement change and manage processes.
• Must be eligible for work in the UK and be able to commit to both UK overseas travel.
• Would be really handy if you have previous telco experience in a similar role.
If you are looking to join a friendly, busy team and you have a great sense of humour, click below to apply!
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.