|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2001FR||Maidenhead||Maidenhead Office (Star House)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Employee Relations sits within our People Services and Delivery team, supporting all our employees throughout their end to end lifecycle, as well as the delivery of all people initiatives across our business.
We are seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to partner with our business and provide specialist advice and guidance on any people and ER issues.
You’ll manage a number of complex ER cases, providing coaching and guidance to managers, whilst also providing insight on any case trends back into the wider People team
You’ll have strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to advise, guide and influence at varying levels within the organisation, whilst assessing and advising on any commercial risks.
You may also have experience in organisational change processes, for example redundancy and TUPE consultation.
• Provide timely advice and support to line managers on medium-high risk/complexity people ER issues such as: disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, medium to long term absence (up to and including capability dismissals), performance management, whistle-blowing claims, Employment Tribunals and small claims.
• Support the business in organisational changes that involve individual or collective consultation and may result in redundancy.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of all actions and documentation relating to cases being managed through to conclusion.
• Establish strong working relationships with other teams in the People Team, in particular BP's, HR Shared Services as well as business managers to develop an understanding of the business priorities.
• Identify trends in cases for the Head of/ER Lead so that insight is provided to managers, relevant training for line managers is provided and policy recommendations are made.
• Coach line managers, facilitate ER workshops and design/deliver ER training in order to develop ER capability within the organisation.
• Work in partnership with the Policy Manager, providing insight on our People Policies and Guidelines
• Support the ER Advisors.
Work proactively with People Services, BPs, and other teams in the People Department to agree consistent processes and hand offs that provide the business with seamless HR support and advice from initial query through to conclusion.
• Proven experience within an Employee Relations role and/or HR operational experience in a fast paced environment with proven employee relations experience.
• Demonstrable experience of dealing with people and business driven ER issues.
• Experience of managing medium-high risk ER cases to conclusion.
• Good understanding and application of employment legislation.
• Strong communication and listening skills, being comfortable in coaching, advising and influencing managers dealing with ER issues.
• Strong team player who is confident and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly develop a rapport and strong working relationships remotely, across all levels, within the wider People team and business teams.
• Strong organisational skills able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure with good attention to detail to manage cases to conclusion and keep track of progress.
Nice to Have:
• Graduate calibre.
• CIPD qualified.
• Ideally some experience of working in fast paced technology, retail or IT related industries.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.