|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2001N9||Maidenhead||Maidenhead Office (Star House)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
IT Chief architect will act as a key advisor to the CIO. The role is accountable for ensuring that the Technology functions across the company can work together seamlessly.
You will work closely with other Chief Architects, Directors and Head of technology teams, ensuring external insight and innovation is at the heart of our thinking.
Chief architect will act as a key advisor to the CIO. The role is accountable for ensuring that the Technology functions across the company can work together seamlessly.
· Working with the Director of Architecture and Head of Enterprise architecture to ensure IT domain strategic architecture (2-5 years), annual technical roadmap and principles are created and maintained.
· Driving IT strategy synchronisation with the business strategy and Technology Strategies across T&O domains
· You will act as the senior source of strategic technical advice and guidance to the CIO and teams within.
· You will co-chair the Executive Architecture Review Board, ensuring appropriate governance and decision-making is in place for Technology solutions.
· Represent IT at key architectural governance boards and accountable for IT decisions:
o Responsible for advising on mitigating IT Technological risk to Business Continuity and Security and future-proofing the choice of IT Technology
o Resolving technical issues and finding most effective technical solutions in cases of conflict of opinions between Three UK and partners, or between partners.
· Final arbitrage on project architecture escalations
· Implementing best industry practices in the CIO area, for example, but not limited to, ensuring that domain architecture is robust and delivers a high degree of modularity, scalability, and interoperability with external system interfaces.
· Provide guidance and coaching to member of the CIO function.
· Extensive experience in a senior technology leadership and / or IT Strategist role in the Mobile Telecommunications industry.
· You will have extensive experience of working for systems integrators, network providers and experience of successfully delivering large scale technology transformation.
· Experience of defining IT BSS and OOS strategies; target architectures, and implementation roadmaps.
· Experience of driving the execution of the strategy; end-to-end hands-on technical management of design, build, system integration and deployment into production.
· Can articulate the key benefits and risks of the architecture strategy choices made (in comparison to alternative options) to C-level stakeholders.
· Extensive experience of working in system integrators or network providers with an ability to challenge legacy thinking, bringing new insight and innovation to Three.
· Has proven experience Leading complex IT system integration projects, as well as IT system change and transformation projects on both Telco and Supplier sides and in a wide variety of Telco and IT companies around the World.
· Be pivotal in driving business transformation, leading the company through key business change initiatives.
· Extensive telecoms business knowledge and international working experience. Specialist knowledge of BSS and OSS at the Head of Design Authority level. Can cover all technical and business aspects of BSS solution at CxO level.
· Experience in communicating and influencing at all levels of seniority (CxO, Senior management and technical / business team) both within and outside the organisation.
· Commercial savviness, ability to define and convince all parties involved to choose solutions which are optimal from both technical and commercial point of view.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.