|Job ID||Date Posted||Location|
|Work Location||Job Type||Contract Type|
|Maidenhead Office (Star House)||Professional||Full-time|
|Hours Per Week||Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|37.5||Standard working week||N/A|
We've got big ambitions.
Ambitions that see us want to grow and become one of the nation's best-loved brands.
Sound interesting? That's just the start.
We're leading our industry in terms of change and delivering amazing experiences for our customers.
We're exploring, analysing and keeping up-to-date with new trends and new opportunities – both to create new revenues and to find new ways of creating unique experiences and propositions for our customers. Firing on all cylinders with a culture that not only takes care of our people but empowers them to deliver career-defining work.
All this means we need more brilliant people. Ones who share our ambition, and get stuck in with the next and most exciting part of our story.
Are you in?
The Social Media Editor will work in partnership with the Lead of Studio Three (Head of our in-house social media team) to create a robust social media plan to deliver the company’s ambition of becoming the UK’s most loved brand.
They will echo the team’s strategy and lay out a plan that creates rigor and consistency to ensure an ‘always on’ effective social media channel. With eyes across all social activity of Three, from partnerships to our own social channels whilst driving for effective communication, to ensure consistency and scrutiny of message delivery.
The role will be the gate-keeper of consistency across the social platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter as well as being aware of emerging platforms and the role that they can plan in the social mix. The social media editor will ensure that Three’s brand comes alive on social to the best of its ability and will be a key partner to legal and brand.
The Social Media Editor will also be a creative and able to not only to manage the planning and consistency of content but support the creative leads in the studio in the delivery of content, particularly during busy campaign moments. They will have an extreme eye for detail – knowing brand guidelines inside out and always having the perspective of the consumer.
The Social Media Editor will directly report into the Head of PR and Social Media, sitting in the brand and comms team as part of the wider marketing department.
- Guardianship of social programming across Three UK – ensuring consistency of message and leveraging of assets. As well as alignment with in-house Three teams (i.e. legal, brand and props).
- Maximising social content across paid and created with customer lens at the heart and demonstrating value to business.
- Supporting the Studio Three team on delivering the social media strategy reflected in follower growth , engagement, sentiment and increased brand love.
- Co-ordinator of what goes live and when to maximise KPIs (which will require working in partnership with the lead of Studio Three on content calendars and media buying agency partners).
- Responsible for paid social media budget and programming from Studio Three.
- An Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter native and have a strong understanding of how to utilise all these platforms for brands. As well as an eye on emerging social trends and platform.
- Commercial understanding of social media. What it takes for a brand to really drive impact and add commercial impact (from brand building to trading) – either gained in-house or from an agency environment.
- Expert in always on / newsroom social media creative production; gained from working either at a major brand/publisher/agency.
- Planning experience and be able to conjure up content plans and copy month-on-month, but also be flexible to business needs and adapt quickly if these plans are subject to last-minute change.
- A ‘doing’ creative – not afraid to get their hands dirty and create social content from scripting to photography, social media design, styling and asset creation – particularly during big campaign moments.
- The candidate will need to have their finger on the pulse of all social media industry news both in terms of platform updates and how best to use these in a commercial environment.
- Significant experience creating and managing successful commercial marketing campaigns through paid ads on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter.
- Knowledge and experience of different ad products, their formats and specifications.
- Working knowledge of Sprinklr, Radian 6 and Crimson Hexagon.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English. The candidate will need to be a wordsmith, but also be able to think visually and across platforms.
- Experience dealing with senior management with the ability to produce and present compelling presentations and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Highly organised.
- Budget management.
- A team player and people person – will the ability to listen and influence.