|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|1903SJ||Maidenhead||Maidenhead Office (Star House)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week.||20/01/2020|
Reporting to the Head of Risk the role will :
- partner with the compliance business partner to provide a seamless service to the Directorates; -
- partner with the directorate leadership to support the identification, classification and mitigation of risks;
- work with stakeholders to support the business in developing operational risk registers, and aligning these to the corporate risk register;
- support the business in complete risk assessments and escalating key issues to the Risk and Compliance Management Board or other fora as required;
- act as the Quality Assurance gate for risks added to the corporate risk register by the Directorate;
- work closely with the compliance teams to develop, embed and maintain an Integrated Assurance framework.
Reporting to the Head of Risk Management the role will provide forward-looking thought leadership on emerging risks themes and work with the Risk Strategy & Insight Lead on the regular risk reports.
Provide specialist expertise to supports the execution of risk & compliance activities to drive risk-based decision making and change across the business. Working cross functionally with a variety of stakeholders to enable the achievement of business outcomes. Coaching colleagues on more complex areas of risk as well as softer skills enabling them to develop the right level of subject matter expertise to further support the future growth of the business.
Review and Reporting
Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on reviewing and creating relevant, lucid and effective reports.
Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on achieving full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
Identifies, assesses, prioritises and manages risks in a production process without supervision and provides technical guidance when required.
University (First degree) numerate degree or equivalent; ideally Risk Management qualification.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, passionate about what they do and great at communicating. Extensive experience in risk management and stakeholder liaison, whether from the telecoms industry or elsewhere. Ideally first-hand experience in a risk function which grew in maturity and in line with the needs of the business.
A big part of this role is being able to influence and educate stakeholders at all levels of Three about the importance of risk management and the part they play in it. So ideally, you’ll be able to tell us about examples of where you’ve had to exert influence in the past, particularly where it’s been a challenge to achieve the outcome you wanted. The nature of the role and the fact you’ll have a certain degree of independence from the business means you’ll need to be prepared to challenge people professionally whilst still maintaining great working relationships.
Also, given this role liaises closely with the wider compliance team any experience in working together would be much appreciated.
Experience of supporting the Head of Risk in developing a high functioning team and coordinating the work of others.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.