|Job ID||Date Posted||Location|
|Work Location||Job Type||Contract Type|
|Maidenhead Office (Star House)||Professional||Full-time|
|Hours Per Week||Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
Leads the provision of authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls in collaboration with experts in other functions e.g. legal, technical support.
Identifies and monitors environmental and market trends and pro-actively assesses impact on business strategies, benefits and risks.
Ensures all individuals, groups, partners, and vendors have verifiable qualifications, skills, and experience appropriate to function, and have a clear plan to address identified weakness, maintain current capability, and enhance capability in line with future possibilities and intentions.
Tracks and manages activities business wide to ensure adherence to security controls, while also ensuring that standards and policies are managed on a day to day basis.
This role works to a weekly/monthly planning horizon.
- Contributes to business wide communication and awareness of Security strategy and projects and ensures administrative activities requires cross functionally for the business to adhere to security controls are effectively managed
- Communicates information security risks and issues to business managers and others.
- Applies and maintains specific security controls as required by organisational policy and local risk assessments.
- Takes action to respond to security breaches in line with security policy and records the incidents and action taken.
- Maintains security administration processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Contributes to the development of organisational strategies that address information control requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of improving maturity level of security controls in line with industry best practice and standards, e.g. COBIT, NIST, ISO27001, PCI-DSS, CAS-T, ND1643
- Experience working in IT Infrastructure and/or Information Security
- Experience working within a cloud based technology environment.
- Experience of working with and influencing various levels of management, building relationships and influence across teams and a wider community of other leaders and managers. A clear communicator.
- Ability to lead, make decisions, problem solve and work within teams. Can demonstrate flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams.
- Will have clear subject matter experience of their area (both technical and commercial) and ability to connect and work across multiple domains. Can demonstrate knowledge of their area articulated through key operating elements of people, process and technology.
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategies (and/or service strategies) within their area and understand the importance of the customer experience and how this can be affected by service impacts.
- Will have a high level, broad end to end understanding of our business and it’s operational performance and be able to demonstrate knowledge of working in a service orientated environment.
- Will be passionate about the use of data and insight to make informed decisions, solve problems and input to operational and strategic plans. Can demonstrate the ability to gather, analyse and present information in business terms for management and leadership consumption.
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment that shows flexibility, resiliency, self-awareness and ability to support other team members.
- Will have experience of working directly with partners to successfully deliver outcomes and will demonstrate an awareness of partner contracts.
- Experience of best practice frameworks ITIL/COBIT
- Industry or academic credentials in security or risk management, e.g. CISM, CISSP or relevant graduate degree
- Experience working in telecommunications and/or within a large mobile provider beneficial.
- Candidates should be security cleared or be SC clearable