|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|200045||Maidenhead||Maidenhead Office (Star House)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Working Week||02/03/2020|
We've got big ambitions.
Ambitions that see us want to grow and become one of the nation's best-loved brands.
Sounds interesting? That's just the start.
We're leading our industry in terms of change, and delivering amazing experiences for our customers. And our Legal, Commercial & Regulatory Affairs team use their expertise to support it all.
We're a bunch of subject matter experts brimming with talent. Firing on all cylinders with a culture that not only takes care of our people but empowers them to deliver career-defining work and projects.
All this means we need more brilliant people. Ones who share our ambition, and get stuck in with the next and most exciting part of our story.
Are you in?
This role reports directly to the Director of Economic Regulation. You will develop our strategy on key regulatory initiatives which impact on competition, market structure or the economic regulation of our business. You will work directly with our senior management, learning first-hand from their experience and being able to showcase your abilities to them. You will engage regularly with the business and represent Three in front of Ofcom, the Competition and Markets Authority, government and the wider industry.
You'll be part of our Regulatory function within the Legal, Commercial and Regulatory Affairs Team (LCRA). LCRA provides the legal and operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advocate Three’s interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, government and the media. The overall function of the Regulatory team is to ‘Make Mobile Better’ by removing regulatory barriers to our growth.
You will take end to end responsibility for regulatory initiatives that affect Three, obtaining sign-off from the business on our recommended response, setting out our position and presenting it to regulators and the industry. You will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues in order to develop regulatory positions that align with our commercial goals.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Providing advice to the business on regulatory and policy initiatives that impact Three
• Leading and developing our position, coordinating and drafting responses to consultations and requests for information from regulators
• Developing strong working relationships with colleagues, regulators and external consultants
• Managing external advisers to help analyse regulatory issues
• Representing Three’s interests with regulators
• Contributing to raising the profile of the regulatory team as trusted advisors and partners to the business
• Senior level experience as an economist working for a regulator or competition authority, telecoms company or economic consultancy. At least 8 years’ experience in applying economic analysis (competition economics and/or regulatory economics) to business, regulatory and policy problems
• Extensive experience advising at Board-level
• Commercial Acumen - able to view situations from a commercial or wider business perspective
• Outcome focussed – able to deliver the best possible outcome for Three in a timely manner
• Clear thinker – you are proficient in explaining complex issues clearly, balancing strategic, “big picture” thinking with analytical ability and attention to detail
• Agile and collaborative, you display strong team-working skills
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, are persuasive and able to produce impactful regulatory submissions
• Good interpersonal skills are critical. You build and maintain a network of contacts across the business and have experience in stakeholder management
• Excellent time management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise quickly and effectively
• Able to work independently (including on complex projects) with little or no supervision
• Ideally Masters Degree in Economics and experience in applying competition and regulatory economics
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.