|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|1903GJ||Maidenhead||Maidenhead Office (Star House)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Working Week||20/01/2020|
We support flexible working and this vacancy can be based at any of our office locations and with an option for flexible hour schedule..
You will be joining Three at a time of radical change and you and your team will be at the heart of delivering a successful outcome. We are undertaking a huge technology transformation in our quest to meet the increasing demands from our business to provide flexible and leading edge capabilities that maximise value to our end customers. To meet this challenge, Three is looking for a driven and experienced Senior Procurement Manger who can assess complex challenges and drive the team forward, in order to enhance the Procurement offerings to Three’s wider organisation.
Your impeccable communication skills will be put to good use as Three is looking for someone who will lead the business through commercial negotiations working closely with senior stakeholders (internal and external) whilst forming and leading virtual teams.
The Senior Procurement Manager – IT reports to the Head of Procurement – IT & Core Network within the LCRA Department. The role covers an external spend of circa £100m-£150m per year. Primary stakeholder contacts are:
• C level execs and SMT/SLT.
• Heads of functions in both technology delivery and operations business units.
• Key programme related personnel.
- Successfully lead the Transformed IT Network category to deliver a ‘best in class’ procurement and supply chain offering to Three
- Act in a partnering style to promote Procurement to the wider business, acting as a conduit to work being funnelled through Procurement, minimising leakage allowing control
- Manage a cross-functional team to deliver to challenging programme outcomes
- Coach team members on ways of working and support with guidance / gravitas as required
- Influence peers and line manager to alternative ways in working where relevant and beneficial
Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on to the following:
- Law and Regulation - Professionally interpret and apply knowledge of local laws and regulations in the context of procurement related activities
- Market Research and Analysis - uses research and analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of market conditions in order to facilitate the success of a brand, product or service.
- Vendor Management - Manages commercial relationships with vendors so that they deliver the best possible results given available resources.
- Procurement Business Case Development - Develops business cases for the procurement of particular products and services.
- Procurement Process Management - Manages the entire procurement process from start to finish.
- Data Management - Acquires, organises, protects and processes data to fulfil business objectives.
- Negotiation - Negotiates and helps the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Planning and Organizing - Plans, organises, prioritises and oversees activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Policy and procedures - Provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Action Planning - Appropriately plans or performs necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- Verbal Communication – Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Commercial Acumen - Develops solutions based on an understanding of the business environment and objectives.
- University (degree educated)
- CIPS or equivalent (desirable)
- MBA (desirable)
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.