|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|200111||Maidenhead||Maidenhead Office (Star House)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Working Week||09/08/2020|
We've got big ambitions.
Ambitions that see us want to grow and become one of the nation's best-loved brands.
Sound interesting? That's just the start.
We're leading our industry in terms of change, and delivering amazing experiences for our customers. And our Technology and Operations team are leading the changes to our network.
We're a diverse bunch brimming with talent. Firing on all cylinders with a culture that not only delivers change but market leading solutions to our network and technology.
All this means we need more brilliant people. Ones who share our ambition, and get stuck in with the next and most exciting part of our story.
Are you in?
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
At Three, our goal is to grow the business by improving customer experience. To enable this we are building a high performance culture where we focus on the customer, go beyond what is expected, work as one team, take responsibility and appreciate one another.
Building on the launch of the World's first Telco Cloud Core we are growing our network delivery team to support new business requirements, increase capacity and improve efficiency.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team working on exciting new technologies which provide a platform for growth and agility to meet our business goals. You will build the technical vision for Core Network Messaging projects and lead a team, including engineers from partner organisations, to deliver that vision.
• Work with internal customers to understand their requirements, devise solutions and assess time and cost to deliver.
• Provide the necessary technical leadership to ensure that solutions meet the required business outcomes and target architecture.
• Define technical requirements and work with the partner management/procurement team to contract their delivery.
• Ensure that the delivery of solutions meets the technical requirements in the timescale needed.
• Support the Programme and Project Manager in project planning, risk and issue management and the budgeting process.
• Support the Messaging domain manager to build and prioritise 18 month technical and budget roadmap.
• Work with partners and colleagues to manage the performance and capacity of the Messaging domain.
• Build and manage excellent working relationship with our partners and developing this to meet our current and future needs.
• Demonstrable experience of providing technical, decision making and problem solving leadership for a domain and can demonstrate setting quality standards for delivery and design.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders within the organisation to act as the liaison between the business, other technical communities and the 3rd party delivery teams to ensure the delivery of the business requirements. This should include the ability to convert business requirements into a technical solution.
• Experience in working in an environment where you have managed delivery to a predetermined contractual/ business outcome and know how to influence/ negotiate technical outcomes with 3rd parties including conflict resolution due to changing priorities.
• You will have provided direction to large technical delivery programmes that include complex integrations spanning multiple technology domains and stakeholders including working with a Systems Integrator to deliver contracted outcomes.
• Proven capability to communicate the business benefits of technical work, articulate complex problem statements simply and manage escalations through to successful resolution.
• Strong commercial and partner management experience, including managing interlocking dependencies across multiple contracts, understanding of the use of complex commercial frameworks to assure the deliverable of 3rd party commitments and contracted outcomes from our partners.
Domain specific knowledge & experience:
• In depth understanding of 3G, 4G and 5G Core Network Architectures including IMS.
• In depth understanding of SMS, MMS, Voicemail and OTA SIM Provisioning architecture and service design end-to-end.
• Demonstrable experience of architectural and detail design of Core Network solutions in at least two of the following services: SMS, MMS, Voicemail and OTA SIM Provisioning.
• An appreciation of Telco Cloud technologies including NFV and SDN and the ability to apply them to the deployment of messaging network functions.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.