|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2200UE||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Accountant to join the Wholesale Finance team who are responsible for the accounting of wholesale costs and revenues resulting from activity with other UK mobile providers and roaming activity resulting from Three customers connecting with over 400 foreign networks.
We also look after billing and invoice verification of both UK activity and the settlement, analysis and reporting of international roaming, working very closely with an external Financial Clearing House. Commercial advice and insights are also a key element of our remit as we manage FX exposures and partner with Group teams in the collection of very high value international roaming discounts. As an Associate Accountant reporting into the Senior Accounting Manager – Wholesale you will gain exposure to various areas of the business and enjoy sharing these insights.
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious individual who wishes to grow and develop their financial experience. You will also benefit from working closely with the Senior Financial Analyst who will be able to support and mentor you in some elements of your role.
Your focus will be supporting international roaming accounting and settlement. The role will be heavily involved in maintaining the accounting controls at month end and progressing any settlement or reporting issues together with being a strong point of contact between Three and the Financial Clearing House.
The role covers financial accounting, invoicing, analytics, and the implications of FX in contracts and agreements. Commercial insights will be gained, working closely with Commercial Finance (providing value adding analysis) and Group (to expedite the more difficult settlements).
Main responsibilities include:
• Take responsibility for reporting of international roaming accruals at month end
• Run the Historical Correction process in month to true up gross and discount values from previous months. Present and agree updates with Commercial Finance.
• Manage the local review and agreement of discount settlement reconciliations proposed by Group, collaborating at regular progress meetings with Opco counterparts and updating local progress and issues on Group Sharepoint system.
• Take responsibility for the exchange of relevant debit and credit notes once discount reconciliations have been agreed by all Opcos.
• Working closely with the Financial Clearing House, manage the settlement of outstanding IR receivables and payables with a priority focus on reduction of “greater than 90 days” balances.
• Play a leading role in the weekly meetings with Group to decide escalation routes and progression of issues particularly relating to settlements.
• Maintain and update monthly balance sheet reconciliations and additional analysis relating to control account variances, including invoice vs accrual variances and FX revaluations.
• Prepare cyclical KPI report and provide insightful commentary for management review.
• Raise adjustment and FX journals as advised by the Senior Accounting Manager and provide updates to impacted teams.
• Prepare monthly Funding Request payment pack to settle liabilities with foreign operators. Collaborate with Commercial Finance and Fraud teams for any payments to be withheld.
• Prepare both a daily and weekly report of IR cost and revenue activity for circulation to commercial and fraud teams. Update and distribute “Traffic to Blocked Partners” report.
• Frequent involvement in ad-hoc projects is a big part of the role particularly analysis of the control environment outputs and individual partner activity.
• Continually review and streamline processes to improve controls and relevance of analysis for key stakeholders.
• Establish a regular forum with internal stakeholders to discuss any ongoing disputes and issues.
The role would suit someone who can demonstrate strong analytical ability, operate in a fast-paced environment with a keen interest in commercial implications of contractual decisions, risks and exchange rate fluctuations yet keen to ensure attention to detail in accounting & controls.
• Highly numerate and analytical with a keen eye for detail
• Strong commercial acumen
• Excellent MS Excel skills (including pivot tables, vlookups, charts etc).
• Proficient with MS Office Software
• Strong accounting and reporting skills
• Comfortable with report writing and presenting to a senior management audience.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Is energized, self-driven and keen to learn
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.