|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2100XX||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|On call -1 week on 1 week off||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Accountable for the definition and development of security tools that operate and are monitored within the Security Operations Centre (SOC) in order to identify and detect security threats, coordinating an effective response and recovery.
Working with partners the CERT Specialist is accountable for coordinating an effective response and rapid recovery to detected security threats, minimizing security incidents and potential impact, allowing the business to maintain availability.
Accountable for effective governance that ensure policies and standards based on recognised best-practice frameworks enable the delivery of best-in-class security operations.
The typical planning cycle for this role is monthly.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering against industry standards frameworks, e.g., Telecoms Security Framework, NIST SP800-53, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials Plus, and PCI-DSS
- Industry or academic credentials in security or risk management, e.g., CISM, CISSP or relevant
- Must have experience working in an Operational Security Role, e.g. Security Operations Centre or similar
- Accomplished understanding of Security Operations Centre (SOC) tooling determining best practice use.
Role Fundamentals – knowledge and experience
- Experience of working with and influencing within teams.
- An ability to demonstrate how they add value and contribute to team successes and outcomes.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, work and collaborate within teams.
- Flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams. Understands relationships within those teams and their key stakeholders.
- A keen interest and drive in self development and learning, being open to feedback, challenges and opportunities.
- Will have hands on, day to day understanding and technical subject matter experience of their area.
- Specialist knowledge required for the role including relevant standards, regulations, frameworks, technologies and process.
- Will be able to demonstrate implementing and making recommendations for improvements that are in line with strategies.
- Ability to contribute to operational plans within their area that puts the customer experience first.
- Will have an understanding of Three’s products and services and how we differentiate in the market.
- Will be able to understand and analyse the data and insights in their area to support management and leadership teams to make effective and informed decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment enjoying the challenges and opportunities this brings
- Can demonstrate being able to effectively prioritise work based on time, cost, quality parameters
- Will have experience of working directly with partners on a regular basis
- Previous experience in similar role. Ability to work in dynamic and changing environment.
- Excellent team player who can help and support others.
- Experience of best practice frameworks ITIL/COBIT
- CISM Qualification
- Sound understanding of security control standards such as ISO27001
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.