Channel Support Manager - SMARTYDate posted 25/07/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Standard working week, with On-Call Rota requirement
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
SMARTY is experiencing significant growth as a business and consequently we are at a pivotal moment in needing to ensure our Customer Support teams meet the demands of continued growth.
Working within the Customer Experience team this is a key role in supporting our business to deliver the best Customer Experience. This is an exciting opportunity for a collaborative individual who thrives on making things simple for internal and external customers. You’ll be interacting with our internal stakeholders and external partners representing Customer Support across workstreams and taking action to drive continuous improvement and ensuring our front-line teams are equipped to deliver the best Customer Experience.
You’ll be a customer champion who promotes simplicity in all aspects of your work and is highlight organised. This role reports into the Senior Operations Manager and is part of the wider Customer Experience and Delivery team in SMARTY.
Please note that this position will require you to be part of our on call incident team rota.
- Act as the SME for the Customer Support team.
- Work collaboratively with SMARTY departments and our external partners, supporting them and taking action to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead and implement effective and engaging channel communications, briefings and deliver new policies and processes into the Customer Support teams.
- Gather and manage any customer requests that fall outside the chat team’s remit and provide key insight to support discovery to drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the Continuous Improvement Tracker for Customer Support.
- Accountable for Ticket Management with our partners and compliance.
- Manage DPO, DPA incidents, and assist with escalated complaints or data protection investigations.
- Accountable for driving chat BOT utilisation and development of help articles to drive self-serve adoption.
- Responsible for the Quality control of all help and support articles to ensure accuracy.
- Represent Customer Support at GTM and CLAN meetings as appropriate.
- Support key CS journey improvements, Commercial and Trading initiatives that impact CC and be the VOICE of Customer Support.
- Responsible for adapting our Intercom chat platform to incorporate new initiatives and optimise the tools and functions available for our support agents.
- Conduct Quality assessments to maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- Work in tandem with the Community’s manager to act upon communities’ insight and feedback to drive further improvements in CX.
- Responsible for Performance Management of the Channel Support Associate.
- Deputise for Senior operations Manager as and when appropriate.
- This role would also be required to be part of an operational incident on call roster that is rotational.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Highly organisation skills are key.
- Ability to lead, make decisions, problem solve and work within teams and externally with partners.
- Previous experience implementing and briefing change and driving continuous improvement.
- Experience working in a contact centre environment (chat and social media experience is desirable).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment that shows flexibility, resiliency, self-awareness, and ability to support other team members.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy in recording and reporting.
- Good influencing skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and can-do attitude, not happy with complacency.
- Strong ability to multi-task whilst working with varied timelines/deadlines.
- Ability to review data and insight.
- PowerPoint, Excel skills are desirable.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications is an advantage, but not essential.