|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21017N||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
The Comms Specialist is a core member of the Corporate Comms team and will be one of a small number of comms specialists. This role focuses on providing support in developing and delivering Three’s communications strategies across the internal, external and CSR stakeholders. The Comms Specialist will help deliver an effective PR strategy that will communicate Three’s key messages.
The role will report directly to the Senior Internal Comms Manager, although the workflow will be decided on a project-by-project basis and will enable the Comms Specialist to cover a variety of comms audiences (i.e., internal, external and CSR) according to workload experience and interest. This is a generalist role, and you will be part of a pool of comms specialists. As a result, for review and performance purposes, feedback and input will be given by the Senior Corp Comms Manager and the Senior CSR Manager in proportion to the level of work which is done with them.
The role will work with key stakeholders right across the business to provide clear and timely messaging that supports our company priorities in a simple and engaging way for our internal and external audiences.
- Delivers own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established program management plan.
- Manage relationships with important internal / external/ CSR stakeholders, while taking guidance from senior colleagues.
- Tracks budgets and brings variances to the attention of senior colleagues while working within established budgeting systems.
- Writes and edits materials for a variety of target populations, tailoring the tone and content to match the needs and expectations of each audience.
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for significant aspects of internal or external communications with guidance from senior colleagues.
- 3+ years’ experience of communications within an internal or external communications team
- Proven track record in devising and implementing communications programmes
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of content management systems
- Good understanding of digital technologies used in Internal Comms
- Awareness of audience perceptions and likely reactions (emotional responses, rules of engagement etc)
- Ability to articulate communications strategies with internal stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm and a team player
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.