- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Shift pattern
- Standard - Hybrid
Compliance Lead (Financial Services)
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
At Three we have a hybrid working arrangement in place as standard for office based employees, where employees work from a mix of office based location and working from their home in the UK to carry out their role.
Excluding retail, core hours at Three are between 1000 and 1600, with operating hours between 0800 and 1830. This allows employees to have a start time between 0800 and 1000 and finish time between 1600 and 1830
The purpose of this role is to provide independent challenge, oversight and practical guidance to Three’s first line business areas with regards to the operation of its financial services products. You will sit in Three’s 2nd line financial services compliance team, and play a key role in the delivery of the monitoring plan and wider compliance programme. This will include both conducting formal compliance reviews in line with Three’s monitoring plan and involve working with the business to identify financial services-related compliance and conduct risks faced, and provide guidance into the design and implementation of controls.
Your role will involve:
• Provide expert and practical regulatory guidance, support and independent challenge to Three’s first line of defence in relation to its financial services products’ systems, policies, processes and controls. This will include acting as compliance SME on special projects and representing compliance within relevant governance fora;
• Design and lead formal compliance reviews and carry out testing in accordance with Three’s monitoring plan and compliance programme. This will include evaluating control effectiveness, documenting clear findings and making pragmatic recommendations;
• Support with the identification of regulatory and conduct risks, and provide guidance to Three’s first line of defence on appropriate controls to manage those risks within appetite and regulatory requirements;
• Analyse and interpret conduct risk and compliance MI to enable a data-led and risk-based approach to your work, sharing insights and perspectives on how to improve and adapt Three’s compliance programme and monitoring plan, as necessary;
• Provide support to business areas on how to appropriately resolve any identified compliance issues, including root cause analysis and customer remediation;
• Support with the development and review of key compliance policies, processes and training materials;
• Produce timely and accurate compliance reporting for internal and external stakeholders;
• Drive education and awareness of compliance, conduct and regulatory risk management good practices across the organisation. Delivering training sessions where required;
• Work closely with colleagues in legal and compliance to ensure a holistic approach to guidance, support and challenge; and
• Maintain a deep understanding of UK financial services regulation, consumer credit practices and upcoming regulatory changes impacting our business.
• Experienced financial services compliance professional specialising in consumer credit. Strong knowledge of CONC, SYSC and DISP is essential;
• You’ll have and maintain a deep understanding of UK financial services regulation, be skilled at explaining requirements in straightforward/ practical terms and provide pragmatic and proportionate guidance on appropriate systems and controls to mitigate any regulatory/ conduct risks arising;
• A strong understanding of regulatory and conduct risk management practices in financial services, and what it means to deliver good customer outcomes across a consumer credit product lifecycle;
• Experienced in leading on the design and delivery of formal compliance reviews. You’ll have excellent planning, report writing and stakeholder management skills;
• Experienced in evaluating policies, procedures, processes and internal controls, and their effectiveness;
• Experienced in drafting compliance owned policies;
• Experience in overseeing compliance issue management and remediation activities, and understanding appropriate root cause analysis practices;
What you'll receive in return…
- Competitive annual salary, car allowance, a performance based annual bonus & an additional 'flexible allowance' to spend on additional benefits, topping up your pension, or to be added to your salary.
- Hybrid working between your home (2-3 days a week) and our brand new Reading HQ office at Green Park (2-3 days a week)
- 28 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + 3 personal days annually, which increases with length of service.
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and Income Protection.
- Free mobile phone package & unlimited sim-card
- Free on-site car parking (including electric!)
- Plus lots more including wellbeing and learning & development benefits!