Compliance Monitoring Specialist FTCDate posted 29/07/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Here at Three UK, we are looking for a contractor to join us until April 2023 as a Compliance Monitoring Specialsit, based from our Reading Head Office im Green Park.
You woud be responsible for monitoring of compliance with legal and regulatory requirements relating to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regime. As part of the overall compliance monitoring plan, the role focuses on conducting monitoring of business adherence to internal policies, processes, legal and regulatory requirements; track action items to resolution; assist in providing appropriate management information and reporting on compliance risks and issues.
• Undertake monitoring of the 1st/front line operational business area’s adherence to processes, policies and procedures.
• Act as an independent review and evaluation function to ensure that FCA compliance issues are being appropriately identified, investigated, managed and resolved.
• Prepare relevant compliance reporting to meet both internal and regulatory requirements.
• Engage with 1st/front line operational business teams to drive compliance awareness, culture and improvements.
• Provide assurance that financial services related legal and regulatory changes are effectively identified and implemented.
The role provides ongoing monitoring to provide assurance that the business is compliant with its legal and regulatory obligations and related policies and processes. Actively challenges the business on their ongoing management of compliance risks and provides reports and insight to support continuous improvement and effective management of risk and compliance.
• Ability to provide robust independent assurance on the effectiveness of compliance controls in the 1st/front line operational business and the fairness of customer outcomes, through conducting (and reporting upon) ongoing testing and monitoring through various activities, such as call listening and sample testing.
• Ability to independently assess the effectiveness of current1st/front line QA monitoring.
• Ability to identify and communicate any corrective actions required, as well as suggestions for continuous improvement.
• Explore any potential risks and issues to establish potential causes and to identify and report upon the regulatory, customer, reputational and financial impacts.
• Ability to communicate (verbal and written) complex and difficult messages effectively to different audiences tailoring the approach to suit audience needs.
• Ability to influence stakeholders demonstrating personal resilience in challenging circumstances to achieve positive outcomes.
• Ability to highlight shortcomings and suggests improvements in current processes, systems and procedures as part of the compliance monitoring activity.
• Support and work internally with multiple departments to address compliance challenges.
• Establish credible compliance relationships with a network of stakeholders.
• Analyse and report upon key themes and trends in accordance with the compliance monitoring activity.
• Ability to review/analyse, understand and apply legal and regulatory obligations.
• Provide input into the development of compliance controls and procedures for operational areas within the business, then monitor the implementation of those procedures to comply with regulations.
• Review policies, procedures and practices to ensure they deliver compliance with applicable laws and regulation.
• Ability to work independently to plan, organise and prioritise activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
• Work well under pressure, be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, and manage several tasks at the same time working to tight deadlines.
• Be a team player willing to support and assist other team members.
• Skills Required
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential; a people person skilled at building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally
o Proficient user of MS Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner and Teams).
o Degree qualified (preferably accounting or legal).
o Experience in Compliance within a regulated financial services institution, a regulator, or in the telecommunications industry.