|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2100QJ||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Working Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Reporting to the Director of Risk, Compliance and Data Privacy, the Compliance Specialist will use analytical tools to provide insights and support on the effectiveness of Three’s compliance framework, including policies, processes, procedures and controls, in place to operate in line with its legal and regulatory obligations.
We operate a three lines of defence model in Three. Most of the roles in the business are part of the first line of defence. That’s where our core processes are operated and generally where the risks of not complying with laws and regulations are generated.
This role is part of the second line of defence. We play a check and balance role and set the standards that the business must adhere to. We are specialists in compliance and provide oversight of the functions in the first line of defence.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, passionate about what they do and great at communicating. There are several regulators that are relevant to Three and we’ll see it as positive if you’ve had dealings with any or all of them.
In this role you’ll do a variety of interesting and important things that are essential to Three operating in a way that keeps it compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
As the company’s compliance matures the role will transition from developing and implementing to maintaining, and your focus will move from reactive to proactive periodic reviews of the model Three uses to manage its compliance with laws and regulations to ensure it is still fit for purpose and remains in line with good practice.
Key tasks include:
- Assist the Director of Risk, Compliance and Data Privacy to develop and maintain a risk based compliance analytics programme in relation to Three’s regulatory requirements:
- Develop and maintain a suite of reporting queries in order to provide a view on the effectiveness of the control environment, identify trends / patterns / early warning (risk) indicators;
- Using data to analyse root causes of potential compliance risks and/or issues and work with the Risk & Compliance team to develop recommendations for change / remediation plans; and
- Create regular reporting dashboards / management information in respect of Three’s compliance activities and performance which will be shared with relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Support monitoring review by providing analytics scripts, e.g. to support sampling or to test the control where possible.
- Collaborate with the central Data & Analytics Organisation, Risk & Compliance, legal and the business to understand the regulatory requirements (and upcoming changes) and design appropriate analytics to support an assessment of the operational effectiveness of controls.
- Work closely with the wider Risk & Compliance team to provide holistic support to the business.
- Support the breach and incident management process where required, in particular around providing analysis of and reporting on identification of root causes / trends / patterns etc.
- Support the Directorates to monitor and manage compliance-related issues and incidents and the actions they take to resolve identified issues.
- 3+ years of data analysis, BI/ analytics experience, ideally in a compliance environment of a regulated business.
- Strong data skills and a proven ability to use excel, SQL to interrogate and investigate data.
- Excellent understanding of defining, creating and managing KPIs and KRIs.
- Demonstrate experience telling stories with data (using Tableau) to both technical and non-technical audiences and creating clear visualisations to convey the message.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential; a people person skilled at building and maintaining relationships.
- Work well under pressure, be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and manage several tasks at the same time working to tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience in compliance with a hands-on understanding of compliance, ideally Ofcom and FCA.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, analyse and understand laws and regulations and how analytics can be used to confirm compliance.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.