|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|22002L||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||25/01/2022, 06:59:00 PM|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
We are seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to partner with our business and provide specialist advice and guidance on any people and ER issues.
You’ll manage a number of complex ER cases, providing coaching and guidance to managers, whilst also providing insight on any case trends back into the wider People team
You’ll have strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to advise, guide and influence at varying levels within the organisation, whilst assessing and advising on any commercial risks.
You will also have experience in organisational change processes, for example redundancy and TUPE consultation.
- Provide timely advice and support to line managers on medium-high risk/complexity people ER issues such as: disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, medium to long term absence (up to and including capability dismissals), performance management, whistle-blowing claims, Employment Tribunals and small claims.
- Support the business in organisational changes that involve individual or collective consultation and may result in redundancy or TUPE.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all actions and documentation relating to cases being managed through to conclusion.
- Establish strong working relationships with other teams in the People Team, in particular People Business Partners, People Services as well as business managers to develop an understanding of the business priorities.
- Identify case trends for the Head of/ER Lead so that insight is provided to managers, relevant training for line managers is provided and policy recommendations are made.
- Coach line managers, facilitate ER workshops and design/deliver ER training in order to develop ER capability within the organisation.
- Work in partnership with the Policy Manager, providing insight on our People Policies and Guidelines
- Support the ER Advisors
- Work proactively with People Services, BPs, and other teams in the People Department to agree consistent processes and hand offs that provide the business with seamless HR support and advice from initial query through to conclusion.
- Proven experience within an Employee Relations role in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in organisational change processes, for example redundancy and TUPE consultation
- Experience of managing medium-high risk ER cases to conclusion
- Good understanding and application of employment legislation
- Strong communication and listening skills, being comfortable in coaching, advising and influencing managers dealing with ER issues
- Ability to assess risks and make fair decisions that meet the needs of the business
- Strong team player who is confident and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly develop a rapport and strong working relationships remotely, across all levels, within the wider People team and business teams.
- Strong organisational skills able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure with good attention to detail
Nice to Have:
- Graduate calibre
- CIPD qualified
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.