|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21025N||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Work Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
This role reports to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and is responsible for the delivery and clear articulation of the cost performance through month end, forecasts and budgeting. This role will work cross functionally with finance and non-finance managers to build, challenge and explain the cost plan/performance, with the identification of risk and opportunities. Coaching, developing and influencing a wide degree of individuals and stakeholders are required to ensure a clear understanding of the performance drivers and issues relevant to cost areas.
The role is responsible for providing effective commercial & financial support, along with challenge & direction to the assigned area in the business in order to ensure performance is at the optimum level. The role also manages the relevant financials for the assigned area and analyses the market to proactively identify any risks and/or opportunities. The role will also provide guidance & direction to other finance professionals in developing high performing finance talent.
- Working with all cost areas to formulate annual budgets and forecasts
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of month end results
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on the cost performance of the business
- Combine financial and operational insights to further the business’ understanding of company performance
- Assist with the production of models to project long term growth and identify impacting business factors
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior leaders for business improvements
- Critically assess current processes and working practises and lead in creating efficiencies and driving improved insights and analysis
- Manage 1 senior finance analyst
Experience of managing change
Experience of juggling a multitude of Director Level stakeholders
CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified Accountant.
Experience of interfacing with commercial teams.
Report writing for and presentation to a senior management audience
Excellent MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
Nice to Have:
Previous experience of a technical environment
Previous experience of recharge processes
Nice to Have:
Higher level of academic qualifications (e.g. degree)
Experience of managing a team of around 4 individuals of different levels
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.