Government Infrastructure Support SpecialistDate posted 28/07/2022
- Work location
- Reading Office (GBM)
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Standard working week.
At Three, our goal is to grow the business by improving customer experience. To enable this we are building a high performance culture where we focus on the customer, go beyond what is expected, work as one team, take responsibility and appreciate one another.
This role is part of our Technical Security Assurance team and will focus on the technical aspects of ensuring Three and our partners are secure and compliant with relevant government legislation eg. Investigatory Powers Act.
- Provision of government technical support services on network infrastructure on a 24/7 basis, whilst providing technical subject matter expertise on the delivery and integration of any changes to those services.
- Accountability for the reliability of government services - identify, manage and resolve dependencies and risks
- Decide on priorities to optimize and approve the technical deliveries which impact government services, taking into consideration demand from design areas and operations.
- Ownership of government technical services through the lifecycle
- You will be on On Call 24/7 per rota (1 week in 3)
- Install and maintain IDU (Information Disclosure Unit) network infrastructure, and providing support to our internal IDU team.
- Govern changes by Three’s Service Partners to ensure IDU capabilities are not impacted
- Maintains GTL (Government Technical Liaison) capability through change due to new Three and Home Office deliveries.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of a platform from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Aid partners in maintaining systems once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, performance and experience of overall system health through preventative maintenance.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Must be security cleared or able to achieve clearance.
- Understanding of telco network services including Core Network, IP transport, Security.
- Virtualisation and Cloud Core Network Operations experience beneficial.
- Demonstrated history in automating operations processes via services and tools.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing methodologies within operations