|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2101ZW||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard: Standard working week.||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
The Head of Sales will develop and manage a team of direct sales managers and executives targeting businesses from 1-500+ employees, with a primary focus on the 25-250 employee market and an expanded remit up to 500 employees.
The Head of Sales will most likely cover a specific geography, covering mobile, cloud/UC and associated products. From time to time new products and propositions will be added to the portfolio. Similarly the go-to-market model may change, for example changing geography or targeting specific segments of the business market. The Head of Sales will operate within the Sales Directorate and report to the Sales Director.
Within Business, sales channels to market are multiple and varied, ranging from direct sales force (this role and others), through indirect partners, to telesales, digital and retail. Each channel is managed in a way that reflects the critical success factors of the channel and buying preferences of the market. Adapting and implementing a multi-channel approach will be critical to the success of the role.
Although this role is responsible for managing a direct sales force, it is essential that the Head of Sales plays a collaborative role in establishing an effective multi-channel business as well as achieving personal and team objectives
- Implementing a sales coverage model for the target customer group across a designated market segment or geography
- Recruiting and leading a first class sales of around 20 staff.
- Delivering the sales volumes, market share and customer value in accordance with budget and 5 year plan
- Customer satisfaction through the pre-sales and sales journey
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the B2B telecommunications sector with a minimum of 5 years in a B2B sales and adjacent functions.
- Demonstrable advancement in sales leadership roles – a critical requirement – particularly the Corporate mid-market and below, defined as c25-500 employee market
- Deep level of understanding of the current B2B marketplace, current drivers and future direction.
- Scale-up experience preferred including experience in building sales channels from scratch
- Acquisition, challenger and growth mindset essential for this role
- Strong and decisive people leader
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.