|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21008B||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Work Week||05/03/2021|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
The Head of Digital Planning & Delivery manages the programme of work of the Digital Development team, overseeing capacity and agile team capability to deliver change across three.co.uk and the Three App to time, cost and quality metrics.
The Digital Development team sits within Three’s CIO function and delivers all customer interactions on Three.co.uk, the Three App and Three store via cross-functional agile delivery teams. The role reports into the Director of Digital Development and is an integral part of the Digital Development Leadership Team as well as the CIO WLT.
The role will work very closely with the Digital team, who own the Online channel KPIs, as well as cross-functional planning teams to ensure we plan effectively to deliver the business KPIs: growing the business, improving customer experience, building the network and achieving our financial goals. The Head of Digital Planning & Delivery will use capacity planning, ROI, scrum team capability, an expertise in Agile Programme Delivery and excellent stakeholder management to deliver prioritised initiatives against business demand.
The role will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and managing the capex and opex budgets for the Digital Development function, overseeing quarterly planning with the agile teams, tracking capacity and always ensuring there is clear prioritisation and strategic direction for the teams.
The Head of Digital Planning & Delivery will ensure Digital deliveries form part of E2E IT projects, liaising with senior delivery stakeholders from IT and across the business.
The Digital Release Manager, Delivery Assurance Manager and the Agile Programme Analyst will all report into you to ensure the overall efficiency and release success of the Digital delivery teams
- Working with the Digital Development Leadership team to set our agile delivery teams up for success with the support of funding, ways of working, governance and collaboration across the business. You will be the senior point of contact and facilitator for all planning, prioritisation and budget decisions. Leading Continuous Improvements and governance across the Wider Leadership team.
- Accountable for managing the Online Development and People Digital Tools Capex budgets. Accountable for tracking, managing and keeping Project Online up to date with quarterly submissions to Three’s Investment Board. Fortnightly reporting to the Director and Monthly Business Review. Holding line managers to account for all timely timesheet booking and reforecasting where needed. Accountable for ensuring projects are closed down financially and audits maintained.
- Accountable for the management and tracking of Digital Dev Opex spend, ensuring that all negotiations go through procurement and raising risks on any overspends. Fortnightly updates to the Director.
- Ownership of quarterly planning, reviewing capacity, calling out risks and issues, and aligning priorities across the business, ensuring our teams are working on the right work to deliver optimum benefit.
- Managing stakeholder and working with the Go To Market team, Digital, CLT, End to End Delivery team, functional planners and the Programme Office to align priorities and drive delivery on time, on budget and to a high quality. Leading continuous improvements to delivery, release and governance.
- Supporting the Digital Programme Analyst Ensure to ensure a clear and transparent portfolio view of all work in agile teams and holding teams and POs to account for regular updates and up to date Jira Content: communicating across the business where applicable.
- Leading the Release Management team of two people to ensure continuous improvements to release, managing risks and issues proactively to ensure quality and stability for our site.
- Preparing the Digital Development team to be ready to roll off the current core IT infrastructure and onto the new transformed IT infrastructure in 2022.
- Programme or Portfolio Management experience (ideally 2-5 years)
- Agile Programme Delivery experience (essential)
- Experience of agile way of working and change management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills up to board level
- Good analytical and financial knowledge and experience of managing large departmental budgets.
- Familiar with excel, SharePoint, oracle, project online, project management tools and Jira
- Agile and adaptative; able to identify continuous improvements
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.