|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2102OS||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Three UK is going through a major transformation and our digital experience is at the heart of that. We are in the process of implementing a brand-new technology stack that will deliver radically improved digital and omni-channel journeys and features to provide a market leading experience that will delight our customers.
The digital team is accountable, not only for our digital product, performance and experiences but also informing, influencing and driving the wider business to become a truly digital company that is a benchmark for our industry and beyond. Three has long been an innovator and disruptor within the industry and that’s an area we will continue to drive. We are on a journey and the next 2-3 years will be an exhilarating ride while we roll-out the UK’s fastest 5G network, implement our new technology and launch our new journeys while at the same time bring some very exciting products to market. We want to have the most intuitive, simple and easy to use digital experiences and we want customers to feel recognised, cared for and appreciated.
Three UK is a company on a mission to change and grow - it is a fast-paced environment, and while our organisation is not at the scale of some of our competitors (we think that’s a good thing), it provides agility and a refreshing level of freedom and creativity with the opportunity to gain a breadth of experience
The Head of Digital Strategy, Planning and Transformation is a senior leadership position reporting to the Director of Digital. You will lead the Digital Strategy & Planning function and work with the digital leadership team to deliver a compelling 3-5 year vision for Digital in Three; establish a clear strategy and plan to realise the vision and the associated business benefits in line with the 5 year Business Plan.
You will plan and manage the ongoing programme of change across digital establishing robust capacity and supply models, forecasts, and delivery plans. You will work closely with all Digital functions, the wider Commercial function and the Technology teams to ensure that all programmes and initiatives are adequately resourced to deliver their budget objectives and to time. You will create the annual investment plan for Digital including Opex and Capex expenditure and you will maintain, and monitor spend across the year to budget ensuring that we operate within our budget envelope and deliver maximum return on investment.
Furthermore, you will spearhead the Digital Transformation of Three UK driving a programme of change and initiatives to reduce our time to market, transform the way we work, demonstrate our innovation and create new values streams for the business to achieve commercial growth. In addition, you will drive a programme of strategic performance measurement and benchmarking with best-in-class digital operators to promote a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
You will act as a leader within the new Commercial Organisation, building a brand-new team from the ground up and playing a central role in developing a winning commercial organisation that delivers our strategic objectives, maintains a trajectory of sustainable growth and creates a brilliant place to work.
- Demand Management and resource planning across the entire digital function to achieve self-generating backlog and deliver the wider commercial capex and trading roadmap
- Lead the creation and delivery of the 3-year Digital Strategy – utilising competitor analysis, research and benchmarking for the generation of insights and recommendations that feed the Strategy and Plan
- Creation of business cases, agile investment portfolio planning and business case reviews (post-delivery)
- Ensuring we take a collaborative and “one team” approach to key stakeholders including the Commercial functions, PMO, Tech & Ops, HR, Business and Commercial
- Build and lead the team to exceptional performance taking an active interest in the continued growth, training, and development of all our people
- OPEX and CAPEX planning, management and monitoring for the entire Digital function
- Resource allocation and prioritisation in line with key business projects and priorities to maximise output
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, influencing and communication skills are essential with evidence of a proactive approach and creditable outcomes
- Strategic mindset coupled with strong commercial acumen and delivery focus
- Comfortable challenging the status quo with new ideas and desire to test and learn
- High levels of resilience to drive organisation change from the front
- Demonstrable leadership skills, especially through periods of significant change or transformation
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with ability to get things done in a fast moving and matrixed environment
- Strong analytical skills including manipulation of complex data sets
- Passion for the customer and a desire to exceed their expectations
- An experienced People Leader able to galvanise others behind a vision, set clear direction, build, develop, and motivate a high performing team
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.