Head of Operations (Procurement)Date posted 04/08/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Standard - Hybrid Working
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances
The Three Procurement function is on an exciting multi-year growth journey. As Head of Procurement Transformation & Operations you will be responsible for developing and driving the Procurement Transformation & Operations strategy (maximising the effectiveness of the function, it’s processes, tools, systems and insight).
Working within Three Procurement means you'll have ownership, decisions to make and real accountability, right from the start. We want your insights and ideas, and we'll give you the support to transform them into tangible outcomes.
We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. This is a Hybrid working opportunity where you will operate from Home and our Reading office with a balance of home and office-based working.
The Procurement team is all about the design and delivery of the innovative solutions that ensure the best commercial position for Three where Three sources and manages suppliers from the external market.
You can find more information on Procurement at Three below:
Procurement - Teams - The Intranet (three.co.uk)
The Procurement Transformation & Operations strategy will deliver a programme of improvements to align Three with market best practice and, with the following aims:
• Systemisation and consolidation of supplier/contract/risk data, providing a “one stop shop” for supplier related intelligence & insight (leading to increased risk mitigation, identification of savings opportunities and increased supplier performance).
• Automation of processes through deployment of technology (leading to increased efficiency and speed of transaction execution).
• Compliance with regulatory requirements (TSA, FSA, SOX) across our processes and supply chain.
• Enhanced CSR reporting and performance within Three’s supply chain.
• Removal of duplication and standardisation of process/effort across Procurement, LGRA and partner management teams (leading to increased efficiency and effectiveness).
The role entails designing and rolling out a co-ordinated procurement and partner management operations strategy covering the end to end sourcing and supplier management processes from strategy creation and requirements definition, through sourcing, supplier onboarding, contracting, in-life contract, risk and relationship management, which will involve but not be limited to the following:
• Design, plan, communicate, execute and maintain (with applicable business case, ELT and applicable wider stakeholder buy-in) a three year change/improvement strategy to align Three’s tools, systems, data and processes with best practice and in order to maximise Three’s leverage and effectiveness in managing it’s sourcing and supplier lifecycle.
• Design the management information strategy for the team. Identifying, accessing, processing, analysing and communicating the insight required to enable informed and commercially appropriate strategic buying decisions across the business.
• Manage the analysis and redesign of process workflows to ensure alignment to best practise, including the use of automation, RPA, AI technologies, the development of self-service sourcing, Contract Purchase Agreements, P2P processes and a co-ordinated SRM.
• Develop a market research capability, understanding business requirements and ensuring Procurement are proactively drawing on a suite of external and internal resources to produce high quality market insight which informs and steers business decision making.
• Design and implement the e-Procurement strategy for the team including the development of an e-auction capability.
• Work with finance to design and agree the measurement of contribution to the business, its input into the budget cycle and its role in the management of significant business measures e.g. cash flow.
• Ensure P2P/PO processes are simple and efficient, including using technology to drive automation and self serve capabilities, where possible/practical.
• Lead the communication strategy relating to Procurement and Partner Management, including the development and maintenance of intranet pages, training and guidance for Procurement, Partner Management and the wider stakeholder community to ensure maximum levels of adoption and compliance.
• Work with the legal team to support the management of physical contracts and to ensure an efficient and compliant contracting process, ensuring that any workflow and storage solutions, interfaces appropriately with Procurement and contract management processes and systems.
• Play a leadership role in the management of process related requests made of the Procurement team from time to time which may include such areas as risk management, audit, policy decisions, ad hoc requests from other business areas or Group.
• Plan and manage the budget in relation to professional services and other third party department spend (eg. tools, systems, training, consultancy, insight).
• Manage the insight interface with group Procurement functions to ensure CKHH companies are achieving maximum levels of co-ordinated leverage.
As part of the Procurement and Partner Management Leadership teams:
• Provide input into and actively drive the Procurement and Partner Management team objectives to support the delivery of the Company’s key priorities and Plan.
• Participation in the creation, evolution and implementation of the Procurement and Partner Management strategies, providing exemplary leadership across the function to ensure team strategy and individual expectations clearly understood across the team.
• Shows personal accountability and passion for the developing the team and individuals across the function, participating and championing the Procurement People Plan.
• Active participation and support of colleagues on Procurement or business wide initiatives e.g. initiatives led by Procurement, Partner Management, LGRA or Finance ensuring the Operations team are open advocates and facilitators of the initiatives.
• Expert understanding of Procurement and SRM best practice processes, strategic sourcing, category and contract management gained through at least 10 years+ experience within a blue-chip Procurement function.
• Strong influencing and leadership skills, able to inspire, motivate and direct a multi-disciplinary team and excite a wider community to participate in a programme of change.
• Ability to interpret complex data to see underlying trends and, relate these trends to business strategies.
• Excellent presentation and story framing skills to ensure buy in from a wide range of key stakeholders across the ELT and wider SLT.
• Experience of using or implementing eProcurement/SRM systems and/or other automation and AI base technologies.
• Experience in researching market dynamics.
• Strategically minded and creative, able to translate a vision into clear methodical plans.
• Strong engagement skills, able to communicate complex challenges in simple terms.