|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2102MX||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week.||N/A|
The Head of Risk Management reports to the Director of Risk and Compliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of risk professionals in order to provide an integrated, forward looking, second line of defence that supports the business with risk management and provides the senior management team with relevant information as appropriate.
You will lead the team to define, develop and deliver the policies and frameworks required to enable the effective implementation of the business strategy. Oversee risk management activities and support the business with risk management to uphold the best interests of Three. Develop and maintain deep expertise to provide the business with technical guidance and recommendations in order to deliver a fit for purpose function.
The role will:
- Strengthen and embed key activities of the risk management framework and introduce enhanced reporting, assessments and systems to educate, assist and drive consistent adoption amongst the business, including in the areas of risk ownership, measurement and development of processes, e.g. risk assessments, risk deep dives etc.
- Use comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on conducting financial audits, identifying exceptions and developing specific solutions or recommendations.
- Define and deliver Three's target Risk & Compliance culture working in partnership and collaboration with the wider Risk and Compliance Team as well as the People Team
- Own the development and governance of our risk reporting and KRIs, including developing, appropriate risk appetite metrices with the executive leadership team, prior to monitoring and reporting on these
- Build excellent working relationships with the various directorates to support their objectives from a risk management perspective and continually build the extent to which risk considerations and metrices drive and/or influence decision making
- Stay abreast of emerging risks and trends that may impact on Three's risk profile and actively engage the Director of R&C and relevant business leaders on these.
- Support the design and delivery of key strategic projects with reference to risk appetite, working with cross-functional teams
- Manage the Risk team, coach and mentor team members to achieve outstanding levels of delivery, performance, challenge and oversight.
- Be accountable for reporting to Group in relation to risks in line with their requirements.
- Provide information and evidence to the senior management team in relation to Three’s risk management.
- Hands on experience of developing an emerging risk function supporting the business in achieving its vision and strategy through an effective and efficient risk management process.
- Evidence of working collaboratively with other support functions, such as Compliance and Legal and a proven track record in uplifting risk management capabilities (ideally in a company with some exposure to the FCA)
- Track record for strategic and / or tactical decision making and negotiation, ability to put an argument across in a clear, concise and articulate way showing sound business acumen (incl the opportunities created by effective risk management); you prioritise a practical approach over a theoretical one based on the size / complexity / maturity of the business, ideally with substantial experience from first and second line roles
- Proven track record in developing strong stakeholder relationships, excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage complex internal and external relationships demonstrating gravitas, influence and a supportive style.
- Skilled relationship developer with the ability to effectively challenge and influence ELT and senior management on risk matters and build partnerships with the business to embed risk management across Three.
- Strong leader with significant experience.in people management; supporting peer and leading high performance teams to meet pre-agreed deadlines. Work effectively with the team members and the business Telecoms or utilities experience an advantage.
- Extensive experience of leading by example, developing a high functioning team, coaching and mentoring the team and managing performance.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.