|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2200QP||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
• This is a leadership role that must provide a clear vision and multi-year strategy for the Transport domain in accordance with the business objectives, the network and IT operational requirements and the advances in technology across all technology domains.
• Ensures that the Transport strategy is translated into a Transport architecture that aligns with the short-term and long-term needs to operate the 3UK network including the IT domain in an efficient way. This means defining an Transport architecture with the necessary platforms and tools to monitor, troubleshoot and fix network issues in an automated way that ultimately result in delivering the best possible customer journey to our subscribers.
• Maintains awareness of the latest industry trends in terms of network and IT technologies and evaluates the needs to manage these new technologies from an operations perspective.
• Maintains as well close relationships with the rest of the strategy and architecture teams (RAN, Core, Cloud Infra, OSS), the IT architecture unit, the network design & delivery teams and Technical Services.
• Work closely with Regulatory and Government Liaison function to deliver to business needs.
• Works closely with commercial and business functions to deliver to business needs
• Motivates and develops the capabilities and professional aspirations of the Transport strategy and architecture team.
• Develop and document the multi-year strategy plan and roadmap for the RAN domain with special emphasis on capacity, coverage, performance, and cost management.
• Translate the multi-year strategy into detailed high level architecture plans documented in a clear and comprehensive way. Ensure continuous improvement of the architecture plans and documentation as the strategy changes and the network evolves.
• Communicate the strategy and architecture to the different domains (RAN, Core, Transport, Infra, OSS and Technical Services) in a clear way and ensure that the respective deliveries align with the strategy and vice-versa use their feedback to rework the strategy. This requires a frequent and close engagement with the teams.
• Develop the CAPEX and OPEX models for the Transport architecture and support and influence the annual network budgeting exercise.
• Assist in the investigation of Transport issues when required and evaluate the implications on the architecture and strategy applying changes if necessary.
• Maintain full awareness of the new features from the vendors across all domains and evaluates their implications from an Transport perspective.
• Ensure that the latest industry trends are followed, evaluated and captured from an Transport perspective into the Transport strategy and architecture.
• Follow and liaise with external partners for collaboration and explorations of new business opportunities that impact 3UK’s Transport strategy.
• Provide leadership and guidance in tendering process and PoCs.
• Support business/commercial/marketing teams as necessary (marketing events, conferences, presales).
• Support and engage with Regulatory and Government Affairs as necessary to secure outcomes aligned to business goals.
• Work closely with the following strategy and architecture teams: OSS, Core, Transport, Cloud Infra, IT (BSS) and Technical Services.
• Support the annual budget planning exercise ensuring that not only the short-term but also the long-term strategy is capture as part of the annual budget to avoid delays in the operations of future services, features and architectures.
• Manage the day to day of the Transport strategy and architecture team and ensure career development plans are in place. Develop a motivating environment in your team with clear communication of goals and updates.
• Report regularly with progress updates to the Chief Network Architect and support communication to the 3UK executive management team.
• Strong experience in elaborating strategies, roadmaps and translating them into high level architecture designs.
• Outstanding experience in the management and operations of medium and large scale Telco and IT with special emphasis on service management, service assurance and customer experience management.
• Excellent knowledge on cloud operations with special emphasis on how to manage and operate Telco functions running on cloud infrastructure.
• Excellent knowledge on automation from an operations perspective with special emphasis on automating processes and organisations. Knowledge on DevOps and CI/CD is advantageous.
• Good knowledge of OSS, RAN, Core, Transmission/Transport, IP and end-to-end services (VoLTE, data).
• Proven experience liaising with delivery and operations teams.
• Experience dealing with and managing Telco and non-Telco vendors (including Cloud Service providers). Strong skills in the development of technical requirements, evaluation of technical responses, definition of contractual requirements and negotiation. Experience defining and evaluating RFIs and RFQs.
• Experience developing financial budgets and prioritising.
• Experience in managing and leading teams.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.