|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|210124||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Work Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Working for a leading UK mobile operator you’ll be highly skilled technical specialist for various infrastructure and network technologies. You will join a small team of infrastructure engineers to ensure systems and services remain highly available, scalable and performant. You will be involved in all aspects including the running, operation and design and drive of a multi-year vision for improvements and replacements.
Being part of the national critical infrastructure there are more and more demands on UK telecom providers to adapt to needs and requirements of local authorities and government departments. Three’s IDU team manage very specific applications in support of numerous disclosure and regulatory obligations and the infrastructure team will form a key part of this high volume, high complexity environment.
- Work with internal IDU application teams to provide highly available infrastructure services
- Work alongside and lead projects with existing managed service partners and vendors to manage/resolve incidents and outages
- Provide out of hours support for on-call escalation and project and deployment support
- Own and govern a routine of high-quality housekeeping and maintenance
- Ensure vendor recommended software, firmware and security patching are maintained.
- Work with Service Management teams for problem and risk management.
- System administration: User access and control; Secure certificate management; OS admin; Database admin; System monitoring; Capacity management; Upgrades and patching.
- Ability to complete UK Security Clearance (holding valid SC clearance a definite advantage)
- Must be UK National
- Must be UK based (combination of remote working and office based in South of UK)
- Recognised and related qualifications
- Red Hat System Administration (ideally level 3)
- Vendor DBA Administration (at least one of Exadata, Oracle SQL, Oracle DB Backup/Recovery)
- Ability to travel to vendor sites and data centres
• Due to the nature of the role work or residential visas cannot be sponsored.
• A full-time role is dependent on successfully gaining UK security clearance (process of company sponsored submission and UK government vetting).
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.