|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2102BS||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Services Procurement within the Marketing & Services Procurement team, the Lead Buyer will have a visible and very diverse role which will develop and drive the Procurement strategy for important Services categories of spend across the business. This role will also have an opportunity to help support the ongoing development and maturity of the Procurement department.
The Marketing & Services Procurement team is responsible for developing the Procurement strategy for all “indirect” areas of spend and includes such categories as Sales & Marketing, HR, Professional Services, Property, Supply Chain, Finance Operations, Customer Services, Retail and other services requirements within Three UK. The scope also encompasses new and emerging brands such as Smarty. There will also be the occasional requirement to manage IT Procurement projects. Given the breadth of exposure this role has, this diverse role is very important in helping support the development of Procurement, its influence and how it is perceived within the business.
The role has a very wide remit and entails working as part of the Procurement Team to support the evolution of the wider procurement strategy and our transformation roadmap and ensuring this is reflected across all the categories of spend featured above.
- Acting as a business partner to Senior Managers and their direct reports in these categories, understanding the business strategy and providing creative challenge and thought leadership which influences and supports business decision making.
- Working up stream to anticipate procurement challenges, ensuring the business is equipped with the right sourcing strategies to deliver the best possible commercial outcomes, ensuring clarity around areas such as risks, routes to market, resource commitments, supply market dynamics, competitive strategies and delivery plans.
- Maintaining a suite of clear and current category plans for all spend areas under their influence, wholly aligned to business objectives, which identify a pipeline of procurement opportunities.
- Using internal and external data, relationships and insight to formulate a clear point of view on business investment decisions (e.g. supply market reviews, business case assessments etc), stimulate creative conversations and encourage innovative thinking within the business.
- Support the Procurement Team objectives for the delivery of the Company`s key priorities and Plan.
- Support the creation, evolution and implementation of the Procurement strategy; demonstrate strong category leadership within the function.
- Shows personal accountability and interest in supporting teams and individuals across the function, participating and supporting the Procurement People Plan.
- Active participation and support of colleagues on Procurement or business wide initiatives e.g. initiatives led by Procurement Operations, Partner Management, LGRA or Finance ensuring the Procurement team are open advocates and facilitators of the initiatives.
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of senior level business partnering.
- Developed leadership skills and ability to support team members.
- Strong engagement and relationship building abilities. Naturally accessible. Able to communicate complex challenges in simple terms.
- Strategically minded and creative, able to translate a vision into clear methodical plans with excellent problem solving ability.
- Experience of developing business wide category and supplier strategies.
- Experience of running substantive end to end Procurement projects within blue-chip organisations.
- At least 3-6 years’ experience on the Procurement basics - contract law, negotiation, market dynamics, commercial strategy, strategic sourcing, supply management.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.