|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2100VS||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Work Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
- Leading day-to-day development of Three’s front-end BSS functions for consumer and enterprise; from explore to order submission, managing key development partners and internal teams
- Collaborate with partners to produce clear development plans, demonstrating delivery of capability with a focus on quality and outcomes
- In collaboration with the Development Management Team, define a joint strategy for Consumer BSS development (front & back end functions) in collaboration with strategic partners, evolving capability and introducing new capability to support the needs of the business aligning with time, cost and quality.
- Manage the effective and efficient use of IT development environments, ensuring they meet the requirements of the projects, programmes and delivery stakeholder community enabling quality application development.
- Managing partner teams to ensure environments are of quality and readily available on time for use
- Ensure consistency of environment build and configuration
- Environment build is suitable for the purpose of conducting key development activities
- Drive effective work package management with partners, ensuring development standards are defined, maintained and continuously improved
- Derive the appropriate test strategy and, with the testing teams, planning across Three and Partner teams to assure successful deliveries
- Work with key technology and business stakeholders ensuring cross functional engagement and collaboration to support development and delivery
- Act as a point of escalation and resolution for issues relating to defects, assuring RCA, appropriate testing and continuous improvement, to enable effective resolution and future avoidance
- Proactively manage partners capability maturity, evolving with technology and industry trends, applying appropriate measures for continuous improvement
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in the way we operate, including release and test automation, process automation and technical innovation
- Define and manage performance against a small number of critical development metrics (KPIs)
- Accountability for technologies including but not limited to; CRM, Order Management, Address, Credit and ID verification
- Accountable for development undertaken within Consumer BSS from explore to order submission for all products & services, consumer and enterprise
- Adherence with, and contribution to the evolution of platform security, working closely with the Security Directorate and Application Security Lead Development Manager
- In collaboration with the Development Management Team, design a ‘right size, right skills’, team for front end BSS platforms
- In collaboration with the Testing & QA Management Team, design working practices, processes and introduce automation to assure development quality and streamline handover for testing and route to live
- In collaboration with the Development & Architecture Management Teams, define the strategy for the next 3 years, reviewing annually and/or in line with business need, our technology roadmap and evolution to Agile working practices
- In collaboration with the Development Management Team, define our resourcing strategies to ‘right size, right skill’ internal technical development capability alongside scale with partners
- In collaboration with the Delivery Management Team, assure deliveries across front end BSS systems and platforms for value, quality, reliability, stability and business outcomes
- Previous experience as a Development Manager, preferably in a large/established telco IT function.
- Extensive experience working on cross functional, cross business systems and platforms, preferably in a large/established telco.
- Extensive experience working on and within fast paced, telco IT development teams, leading and managing, defining strategy and evolving teams and ways of working
- Experience leading Agile development teams strongly preferred
- Experience of Amdocs platform products an advantage, but not critical
- Experience of working in complex multi system, multi partner delivery organisation, preferably within the telecoms industry or a systems integrator working in telco.
- Knowledge and experience of working across the full software development & delivery lifecycle, with a background in technical development / engineering / coding / networking and software delivery
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of all aspects of development with exceptional knowledge of software development practices, processes, and tooling to support large scale enterprise solutions
- Experience with both manual and automated tooling enabling rapid development and delivery of software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to work across global teams
- Highly collaborative, demonstrable ability to build successful working relationships within the organisation, across organisations and with 3rd party suppliers and partners
- Experience of working with a range of infrastructure technologies, software delivery and programme delivery methodologies for example, but not limited to; Cloud (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google), on-premise, SaaS, PaaS, Waterfall, Iterative, Scrum, DevOps etc.
- Excellent people management, coaching and mentoring skills
- Professional certification/accreditation and/or demonstrable skills and experience covering Software Development, Integration, Testing, Agile/Scrum
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.