Major Incident ManagerDate posted 02/08/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Shift pattern
- on call working
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Major Incident Management plays a critical role within the wider Service Operations and Assurance function providing MIM resource 24x7, 365 days of the year. The team works alongside the Service Assurance teams and our partners to ensure that incidents are managed effectively, and service is restored as soon as possible.
Accountable for Major Incident Management function and governance capabilities associated with E2E service operation working to ensure integrated process across multiple partner organisations
The Major Incident Manager is the accountable escalation point in Service Assurance for major incidents impacting service
Accountable for ensuring that the incident process is coordinated across partners and that there is minimal disruption to service.
• Providing leadership and direction during Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, P0, P1, P2 and VIP incidents. Ensuring our partners demonstrate absolute command and control, whilst maintaining an overall incident perspective and ensuring the Incident Management processes are followed
• Accountable for the correct Prioritisation of incident impact.
• Accountable for driving results and coaching partners to achieve SLA/KPI performance by focusing on effective cross functional team working
• Coordinating/facilitating the communication process as well as the escalation process during all Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, P0, P1, P2 and VIP incidents
• Proactively monitoring incident resolution, analysing, and highlighting trends and root causes to the MIM lead, Service Assurance teams and/or relevant support teams
• Ensuring our partners produce clearly written Post Incident reporting within agreed SLAs, assisting with Problem Management initiated review sessions where possible
• Compiling and publishing daily operational incident reports detailing all P0, P1 and P2 incidents
• 24/7 SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) for Business and Customer escalations relating to high profile events
• Escalation point for internal escalations from wider SO&A community
• Acting as the Out Of Hours Change Manager
• Champion Three’s quality standards and Service Assurance processes ensuring compliance across all operational teams.
• Extensive experience in an incident management role working within an ITIL framework with a solid understanding of the Major Incident Management process
• Strong analytical capabilities, highly organised and excellent team, and relationship management skills
• Proven ability to engage and communicate with senior stakeholders and support teams across any number of business functions
• Rational and calm under pressure
• ITIL Qualification
• Experience of ITSM tool sets, preferably BMC Remedy
• Experience of working in a telecommunications environment and of mobile network technologies