|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2100CY||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Work Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
- As a Network Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a well-seasoned team who are accountable for the overall operational performance of Three’s Private Network, Wholesale and Business services across the Network & IT applications and infrastructure estate.
- Ensure that all network services are reliable, scalable, and secure, by demonstrating exceptional expertise in the areas of Routing, Switching and Firewall technologies across multiple vendor products.
- We are looking for an engineer who can balance their time between teams and several projects, while monitoring our networks performance, ensuring accountability for the reliability of our production assets and to identify, manage and resolve dependencies and risks
- Provide support and assistance to internal and external customers to meet established Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments.
- Work closely with our various teams to understand the life cycle of new projects, from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post mortems on services focused on improving the availability, scalability, latency, security and efficiency of our internal or customer-facing services
- Aid customers in maintaining systems once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, performance and experience of overall system health through preventative maintenance.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- This role involves an on-call rota, plus a flexible time management approach while working on network outages
- Certification to JNCIS / CCNP or equivalent knowledge
- Must have exceptional Service Provider experience of Routing and Switching skills including OSPF/ISIS/BGP/MPLS/VRF’s | VRRP/HSRP/Spanning Tree
- Understanding of telco network services including RAN/EPC, IP transport, VAS, cloud and virtualisation.
- Hands on experience of Linux and DNS is desirable
- Demonstrated history in utilising monitoring tools ranging from Splunk/PRTG/Nagios/Cacti
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing methodologies, TDD and agile development methodologies with operations.
- Fluency in one or more high-level programming languages like Python, C++ etc.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.