|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21002F||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Working Week||N/A|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
We exist to make mobile better for everyone.
We’re able to do this thanks to our amazing people who share our passion and belief in making things right.
For us to be at our best, we need the right team. This is why we’re committed to helping our people fulfil their potential, so they can help us fulfil ours.
The Portfolio Management Lead role sits within the Programme Delivery & Governance Directorate who are responsible for business change and delivery of projects and programmes. The role will often work in partnership with our Technology & Operations teams to ensure project deliverables meet the required business outcomes.
As Portfolio Management Lead, you’ll be responsible for working within the company level EPMO to create and establish strong control of our end to end delivery portfolio and delivery plan, whilst working closely with Finance to track capex spend to budget. Leading a team of Demand Managers and Planners, you’ll help translate strategy into a clear, prioritised company level, delivery portfolio and plan, and will work closely with the PMO to ensure that delivery is appropriately structured as it moves to next stage. You will demonstrate leadership and facilitate governance.
You’ll also have experience of working within a business planning team and will need to be able to effectively manage stakeholders cross functionally up to executive level. You will be responsible for change controlling the portfolio and enabling visibility for key stakeholders across the business.
You’ll also be comfortable establishing portfolio governance within a matrix environment spanning various directorates, and across business led and technically led areas. Key contacts will include business leads and sponsors, technical, programme office, and key members of commercial, finance, operations, legal and wider business teams. You will also be comfortable with continuous improvement of services and understand how to effectively implement portfolio management in line with Axelos - MOP/MOV.
We’d love to hear from you if you;
- Have +5 years demonstrable experience of leading within a business planning environment, and a specialism in setting up process and governance to support this area of the business from scratch, ideally within telecoms.
- Have led teams and understand how to work in a complex matrix environment, indirectly influencing and leading senior stakeholders to the right outcomes where needed.
- Can demonstrate strong planning, organisation & prioritisation skills and have managed portfolios with significant budget scope, in line with Axelos – MOP/MOV.
- Are passionate, focused and able to work effectively under pressure, especially supporting quarterly planning cycles and driving a multi-year change plan.
- Have experience of coordinating strategy and planning in a federated environment to achieve control across multiple directorates.
- Can create central delivery portfolio and plan, and effectively reporting on change against that, whilst acting as the initial engagement area within the end to end delivery lifecycle for new pieces of change.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.