Procurement & Partner Insights Manager - ProcurementDate posted 05/08/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Standard - Hybrid
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
The Three Procurement function is on an exciting multi-year growth journey. As an Insights Manager you will proactively provide our Procurement, Partner Management and Compliance teams with the data, actionable insight and management information they need to excel in their roles (maximising the strategic commercial benefits for Three).
Working within Three Procurement means you'll have ownership, decisions to make and real accountability, right from the start. We want your insights and ideas, and we'll give you the support to transform them into tangible outcomes.
We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. This is a Hybrid working opportunity where you will operate from Home and our Reading office with a balance of home and office-based working.
The Procurement team is all about the design and delivery of the innovative solutions that ensure the best commercial position for Three where Three sources and manages suppliers from the external market.
You can find more information on Procurement at Three below:
Procurement - Teams - The Intranet (three.co.uk)
As Insights Manager, you will be responsible for all reporting and management information required to support the effective running of the procurement and partner management teams.
You will be proactively designing and producing data and insight reporting related to the sourcing and management of our supply relationships, amending where required to meet the changing requirements of the business, and consolidating the available internal and external market data and insight resources to provide a multi-faceted view of trends and associated recommendations for continuous improvement, manipulating data in applicable analytics tools, creating reports, writing insightful commentary and the distribution of the resulting information.
You’ll partner with the Procurement team, Partner Management teams, Legal and Risk & Compliance teams, Finance, technical system design teams (where relevant), the Insights & Analytics team within Technology, our internal process standards team, group Procurement functions and, our tools, systems and data subscription suppliers.
Using a variety of system based data and proactive research, you’ll manage the end-to end production of insight and reporting for Procurement and key internal stakeholders.
The insight and reporting produced may cover, but may not be limited to the following:
1. External factors
• Supplier spend (supplier/category/contract/budget)
• Supplier risk (cyber/CSR/financial/ABAC/contract)
• Supplier compliance/performance (obligation/contract/benchmarks)
• Market insight (supplier/best practice)
• Group supplier insight and spend analytics
2. Internal management reporting
• Savings/value creation of Procurement and Partner Management teams
• Team workload throughput/efficiency/resource utilisation
• Workload prioritisation
• Procurement policy/process compliance amongst all stakeholders
• Impact/change reporting (audit/policy /process/strategy/system)
• Bespoke/ad-hoc reporting including MI reporting for delivery teams and senior management
Development and maintenance of template reports to meet stakeholder requirements, continually seeking feedback and designing and implementing improvements aligned to changing stakeholder requirements.
Design and provision of guidance and training to stakeholders to encourage self-service to data and insight where possible.
Interpret and present data/findings to key stakeholders, identifying trends and/or potential for continual improvements and, creating actionable recommendations and data driven insight.
Ensure the integrity and accuracy of data within each tool/system and, where required ensure that regular data uploads are done to keep the data within each tool up to date.
• An excellent grasp of summary statistics, percentages, distributions, quartiles, cumulative frequency charts, trend analysis and other data manipulation techniques etc.
• Experience and strong understanding of end to end sourcing, contract and supplier management processes, ideally from working within a Procurement function.
• Expertise in interpreting data from multiple sources, identifying trends and/or potential for improvements or action and, creating actionable recommendations and data driven insight.
• The desire to be part of a rapidly maturing team who continually strive to be better at what they do
• You’ll be able to demonstrate an exceptional ability to lead, influence and work across organisational boundaries, and have a strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
Nice to have
• Degree or academic qualifications in a relevant subject (eg. Statistics)