Revenue Assurance Specialist - (12 month cover)Date posted 30/06/2022
- Work location
- Reading Office (GBM)
- Contract type
- Shift pattern
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
This role will be involved in all aspects of Revenue Assurance and will be expected to contribute to financial targets. The role requires a combination of telco architecture knowledge, technical skills, risk management skills and stakeholder management, as well as to improve assurance controls and embed assurance framework leading to improved bottom line through reduced leakage and improved margin.
• Completing internal audits and recommendations on controls to reduce leakage and improve company profits
• To drive requirements in 3Vision programme to deliver new technologies improving controls and reducing financial risk
• To promote the assurance framework and mindset throughout the business via stakeholder engagement and actively seeking to ensure our message is understood.
• To ensure new initatives are fully assessed from a financial risk and assurance point of view and influence them to build in appropriate controls.
• To be able to understand the overall technical architecture for the business and be able to ask the right questions to flush out potential gaps in processes/system. To translate this technical knowledge into business language that can be understood by all stakeholders.
• To take large sets of data and derive assurance insights using the latest tools and methodologies.
• Sound knowledge and experience of all facets of assurance covering key principles related to controls for network components, IT systems, business processes, reconciliations, financial performance, and reporting
• An inquisitive and analytical mind, i.e. be someone driven by "what if" scenarios that inform direction and decisions. The biggest skill is being able to ask the right questions.
• An ability to influence within the business on issues of business performance related to assurance to achieve the right outcomes.
• Experience of industry fraud issues that can arise in telcos
• Working knowledge of tools such as SQL, Alteryx, Hive and Tableau