- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Shift pattern
- Standard working week
Senior Accounting Manager
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
At Three we have a hybrid working arrangement in place as standard for office based employees, where employees work from a mix of office based location and working from their home in the UK to carry out their role.
Excluding retail, core hours at Three are between 1000 and 1600, with operating hours between 0800 and 1830. This allows employees to have a start time between 0800 and 1000 and finish time between 1600 and 1830
This role reports into Head of Financial Reporting and sits within the Financial Accounting Function, which is committed to delivering the best in class accounting through deploying efficient processes and effective management of external service providers.
This role leads a team of 3 that looks after the accounting for the shared network with EE and Retail estate, both are administered by external service providers and report under IFRS 16 and IAS 17.
Principally the role requires effective management of the external service providers to ensure completeness and accuracy of Financial records to Three’s accounting ledgers. You must be technically competent to understand current accounting requirements at a level to effectively translate, communicate and manage source data requirements from the Service Providers. Further, you will be required to implement initiatives to improve and track service level requirements.
This role provides an excellent exposure for an experienced Reporting Manager to apply their technical knowledge of accounting standards as well as gaining valuable experience in service level management through being empowered to challenge, implement and lead project initiatives to improve the process and reporting
You will work closely with the T&O (Technology and Operations) Finance team (who own the budget and forecasting of the Network Sites cost) & MBNL Finance team and oversee the recording of our share of the expenditure (Capex, rent (under IFRS16 & IAS 17), rates and electricity) in excess of £250M per annum for over 14,000 network sites.
You will need to build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders being T&O Finance, MBNL, Capital Accounting team & the VAT team. You will also need to work closely with external stakeholders, AY & SMS – both are outsourced accounting services providers to MBNL for the network sites rent, rates and electricity and AS Watson, who manage the accounting for Retail stores.
You will manage the accounting for MBNL and Retail within Three’s records, under
IAS17 and IFRS 16 for the leases. You will review and approve 30 balance sheet accounts, which cover significant value of company’s balance sheet, identify any risks that may exist or arise, thereafter putting controls in place to mitigate or understand the severity of the risk.
You will be expected to support with the preparation of the cashflow forecast related to MBNL and IFRS 16.
With the help of a dedicated head in the team, key focus of the role will be leading the reporting under IFRS 16. Preparation of the IFRS 16 accounting has been outsourced to AY and key part of the role will be to work closely with AY/MBNL to improve the accuracy and delivery of the IFRS 16 Reporting.
This is a great opportunity that will enable the successful candidate to understand the nature of our shared network agreement with EE, and understand the financials of our network management.
This is a highly visible role and provides great development opportunity, as you will be managing several high profile external service providers and internally liaising with senior management on regular basis.
- ACA qualified
- Manage the relationship with Cellnex, who have recently acquired large volume of cell sites from Three.
- Main point of contact during internal and external audits of the above areas and oversee the IFRS 16 reporting of leased network sites and Retail stores.
- Review and approve 30 balance sheet reconciliations for accounts related to the Network Site accounting and Retail to strict monthly deadlines.
- Deputise for the Head of Financial Reporting and assist in ad hoc projects within the wider team.
What you'll receive in return…
- Competitive annual salary, a car allowance, performance based annual bonus & an additional 'flexible allowance' to spend on additional benefits, topping up your pension, or to be added to your salary
- Hybrid working between your home (2-3 days a week) and our brand new Reading HQ office at Green Park (2-3 days a week)
- 28 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + 3 personal days annually, which increases with length of service
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Free mobile phone package & unlimited sim-card
- Free on-site car parking (including electric!)
- .... Plus lots more including wellbeing and learning & development benefits!