Senior Counsel - Financial Services LawyerDate posted 24/06/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- Standard working week
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
We are looking for a specialist regulatory retail financial services lawyer to join our financial services legal team.
This is an opportunity to work for a leader in the world of mobile technology in an ambitious culture and a busy environment. Lawyers at Three are regarded as trusted advisors and business partners to the teams they support, working in an open, engaged and customer focused culture.
You'll be part of our Legal Affairs function within the Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs Team (LGRA). LGRA provides the legal and operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advocate Three’s interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, government and the media.
- Advising on all aspects related to the development of FCA regulated credit products.
- Advising on and assisting with product development and design, including financial promotions, marketing, sales journeys, and servicing of products.
- Advising on and assisting with the development of relevant organisational policies required for FCA regulated credit products.
- Advising on and assisting with the development of relevant processes for the end to end product lifecycle.
- Drafting consumer contracts and other associated legal and regulatory communications.
- Providing Risk and Incident management legal support.
- Advising on the implementation of changes to law and regulation.
- Managing external law firms and legal spend.
- Working at pace within an agile environment.
- Working with stakeholders across the Business and building good relationships.
- Minimum of 3 years PQE.
- Knowledge and experience of the law and regulation of consumer lending and FCA policy and regulation of retail financial services and products.
- Comfortable advising on all aspects of the FCA handbook.
- Knowledge and experience in insurance distribution is desirable.
- Strong advisory and drafting skills.
- Proactive and practical – actively takes initiative and focuses on solutions/business outcomes and with a “can do” problem-solving attitude
- Constructive and consultative team player with good communication skills with an ability to communicate with, and influence people at all levels (internally and externally) in a clear, succinct and persuasive way