- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Shift pattern
- Standard - Hybrid
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
At Three we have a hybrid working arrangement in place as standard for office based employees, where employees work from a mix of office based location and working from their home in the UK to carry out their role.
Excluding retail, core hours at Three are between 1000 and 1600, with operating hours between 0800 and 1830. This allows employees to have a start time between 0800 and 1000 and finish time between 1600 and 1830
This role reports directly to the Director of Economic Regulation. You will develop our strategy on key regulatory initiatives which impact on competition, market structure or the economic regulation of our business. You will help us secure competition approval from the Competition and Markets Authority for our proposed merger with Vodafone, working directly with our senior management, learning first-hand from their experience and being able to showcase your abilities to them. You will engage regularly with the business and represent Three in front of Ofcom, the Competition and Markets Authority, government and the wider industry.
You'll be part of our Regulatory function within the Legal, Commercial and Regulatory Affairs Team (LCRA). LCRA provides the legal and operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advocate Three’s interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, government and the media. The overall function of the Regulatory team is to ‘Make Mobile Better’ by removing regulatory barriers to our growth.
You will take end to end responsibility for regulatory initiatives that affect Three, obtaining sign-off from the business on our recommended response, setting out our position and presenting it to regulators and the industry. You will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues in order to develop regulatory positions that align with our commercial goals.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Providing advice to the business on regulatory and policy initiatives that impact Three
• Leading and developing our position, coordinating and drafting responses to consultations and requests for information from regulators
• Developing strong working relationships with colleagues, regulators and external consultants
• Managing external advisers to help analyse regulatory issues
• Representing Three’s interests with regulators
• Contributing to raising the profile of the regulatory team as trusted advisors and partners to the business
Skills and Experience
• Senior level experience as an economist working for a regulator or competition authority, telecoms company or economic consultancy. At least 8 years’ experience in applying economic analysis (competition economics and/or regulatory economics) to business, regulatory and policy problems
• Extensive experience advising senior stakeholders
• Commercial Acumen – able to view situations from a commercial or wider business perspective
• Outcome focussed – able to deliver the best possible outcome for Three in a timely manner
• Clear thinker – you are proficient in explaining complex issues clearly, balancing strategic, “big picture” thinking with analytical ability and attention to detail
• Agile and collaborative, you display strong team-working skills
• Ideally master’s degree in economics and experience in applying competition and regulatory economics in a regulated industry