|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21036M||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week.||29/11/2021, 06:59:00 PM|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
At Three, our goal is to be the best loved brand by our people and customers by being Customer Driven, Agile and Collaborative in the way we work. To enable this, our Tech and Ops Transformation will help to ensure end-to-end ownership and clear accountabilities, as well as our competitiveness as a business through our Transformation delivery teams.
Building on the launch of the World’s 1st Telco Cloud Core we are growing the Technical Delivery Team to support the evolution of the Maya Programme and incremental business demand in areas such as 4G and 5G Data, VoLTE, VoWiFi and Messaging.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team working on mission critical solutions for multiple Messaging nodes including SMSC and MMSC, and enable an agile response to new Network and IT requirements. You will be accountable for Messaging functions, working as part of a team and with our partners to drive the delivery against our architecture and business objectives.
- Provide technical guidance to the various messaging teams and the supplier in governing the solution architecture and ensuring solution design meets the business outcomes.
- Contribute to the definition of technical requirement specifications.
- Ensure the delivery of the solutions conforms to the functional requirements defined.
- Specify the design of Messaging functions to meet the requirements of end-to-end services and operations.
- Support the Programme and Project Manager in project planning, risk and issue management and the delivery of projects.
- Support the technical domain lead and Technical Design Authority to build and prioritise the 18-month technical and budget roadmap.
- Work with partners to manage the performance and capacity of the technical domain.
- Build and manage excellent working relationship with our partners and developing this to meet our current and future needs.
- Work with the supplier, Messaging Partner & Three internal teams to deliver programmes & projects on the existing & Telco Cloud networks and IT systems.
- Work with operation teams to progress fault investigations and maintain the Messaging functions.
- Will have hands on, day to day understanding and technical subject matter experience of both SMSC and MMSC platforms.
- Demonstrates specialist knowledge required for the role including relevant standards, regulations, frameworks, technologies and process. Will be able to demonstrate implementing and making recommendations for improvements that are in line with strategies.
- Expert knowledge of SMSC interfaces, call flows and integrations in a Telco Cloud environment.
- Expert knowledge of MMSC interfaces, call flows and integrations in a Telco Cloud environment.
- Experience of working with and influencing within teams. Will be able to demonstrate how they add value and contribute to team successes and outcomes.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, work and collaborate within teams. Can demonstrate flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams. Understands relationships within those teams and their key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a keen interest and drive in self-development and learning, is open to feedback, challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to contribute to operational plans within their area that puts the customer experience first.
- Will have an understanding of Three’s products and services and how we differentiate in the market.
- Will be able to understand and analyse the data and insights in their area to support management and leadership teams to make effective and informed decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment enjoying the challenges and opportunities this brings.
- Can demonstrate being able to effectively prioritise work based on time, cost, quality parameters.
Domain specific knowledge & experience:
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, including VNF and CNF models, and experience of using them for hosting applications
- A working knowledge and technical understanding of architecture, systems, and infrastructure, including E2E flows of SMSCs and MMSCs in the messaging domain.
- Strong domain knowledge of SMS and MMS flows and interfaces for 3G, VOLTE, LTE, UMTS, and GSM/GPRS networks
- Clear working level understanding of MMS interfaces MM1, MM3, MM4 and MM7 and OLO interworking knowledge.
- Clear working level understanding of SMS interfaces, P2P/A2P flows, SMPP/LAs design and delivery.
- Work with a systems integrator to achieve desired results in messaging delivery programs that include complex integrations across multiple technology domains and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate with the Service Readiness Manager and Operations team to ensure the successful implementation of OAT, production deployment, and transfer into operations.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.