|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2100YJ||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
At Three, our goal is to grow the business by improving customer experience. To enable this we are building a high performance culture where we focus on the customer, go beyond what is expected, work as one team, take responsibility and appreciate one another.
Building on the launch of the World’s 1st Telco Cloud Core we are growing the Technical Delivery Team to support the evolution of the Maya Programme and incremental business demand in areas such as 4G and 5G Data, VoLTE, VoWiFi and Messaging.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team working on exciting new technologies which provide a platform for policy and charging control of our network services and enable an agile response to new Network and IT requirements. You will be accountable for Service Layer functions, working as part of a team and with our partners to drive the delivery against our architecture and business objectives.
Please note the primary location of this role is Reading.
- Provide technical guidance to the various SI teams and the supplier in governing the solution architecture and ensuring solution design meets the business outcomes.
- Contribute to the definition of technical requirement specifications.
- Ensure the delivery of the solutions conforms to the functional requirements defined.
- Specify the design of Service Layer functions to meet the requirements of end-to-end services and operations.
- Support the Programme and Project Manager in project planning, risk and issue management and the delivery of projects.
- Support the technical domain lead and Technical Design Authority to build and prioritise the 18-month technical and budget roadmap.
- Work with partners to manage the performance and capacity of the technical domain.
- Build and manage excellent working relationship with our partners and developing this to meet our current and future needs.
- Work with the supplier, SI Partner & Three internal teams to deliver programmes & projects on the existing & Telco Cloud networks and IT systems.
- Work with operation teams to progress fault investigations and maintain the Service Layer functions.
Domain specific knowledge & experience:
- In depth understanding of 3G, 4G and 5G Core Network architectures and demonstrable experience of using these architectures to deliver Data, Voice and Messaging services.
- In depth knowledge of Gx, Gy, Sy, Sd and R0 diameter interfaces
- In depth knowledge of PCRF, OCS, IMS and AAA systems and integration points
- In depth knowledge of Volte, VoWiFi architecture and call flows.
- In depth understanding of 3GPP Policy and Charging Control architectures and demonstrable experience of using these architectures to design service control and/or online charging mediation.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, including Kubernetes, and experience of using them for hosting applications
- 5GSA architecture knowledge
- Will have hands on, day to day understanding and technical subject matter experience of their area.
- Demonstrates specialist knowledge required for the role including relevant standards, regulations, frameworks, technologies and process. Will be able to demonstrate implementing and making recommendations for improvements that are in line with strategies.
- Experience of working with and influencing within teams. Will be able to demonstrate how they add value and contribute to team successes and outcomes.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, work and collaborate within teams. Can demonstrate flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams. Understands relationships within those teams and their key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a keen interest and drive in self-development and learning, is open to feedback, challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to contribute to operational plans within their area that puts the customer experience first.
- Will have an understanding of Three’s products and services and how we differentiate in the market.
- Will be able to understand and analyse the data and insights in their area to support management and leadership teams to make effective and informed decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment enjoying the challenges and opportunities this brings.
- Can demonstrate being able to effectively prioritise work based on time, cost, quality parameters.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.