Senior Finance Analyst - Reporting & Data VisualisationDate posted 06/07/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Hours per week
- Shift pattern
- standard working week
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
This role reports into the to the Finance Manager of the internal & shareholder reporting team which are responsible for daily, weekly, monthly, and forecast reporting as well as the improvement and automation of such reports. This is an exciting new opportunity as a result of technological developments in the business, with the majority of this role being focused on building new reports and dashboards within Tableau and automating processes using Alteryx in order to gain efficiencies across the finance department. Part of this role will also involve training and supporting colleagues on how to use Alteryx and Tableau effectively. This role will also allow the opportunity to coach and support junior members of the team with data issues and queries.
• Building financial reports and dashboards in Tableau to meet stakeholder needs, overhauling existing Power BI reporting
• Working closely with stakeholders across the finance department to understand their reporting requirements to be built into Tableau
• Using Alteryx to automate processes through data extraction and manipulation, reducing manual intervention and thus improving efficiencies across the finance department
• Educating and training of colleagues within the finance department on how to subsequently use Alteryx and Tableau once launched
• Supporting junior members in the team with data issues and queries
• Working closely with the Data & Analytics team to feed in any new reporting requirements
• Occasionally supporting the other Senior Finance Analyst in the team with the launch of 3Vision/AMDOCs for B2C
Experience enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others.
Must have experience and skills:
• Excellent MS Excel skills
• Comfortable working with disjointed data
• Able to transform raw data into meaningful data, using inherent visualisation tools
• Experience building dashboards and static reports within Tableau or similar applications
• Able to present to & communicate with finance personnel without visualisation expertise
• Willing to learn to use Alteryx for data extraction and manipulation
• Ability to independently manage a project based work schedule and drive timely outputs
Nice to have experience and Skills:
• CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified
• Experience using Alteryx
• Experience using Power BI
• Finance experience with commercial acumen and analytical skills