|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2201E5||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
SMARTY's on an unprecedented growth journey. In just under 4 years SMARTY has gone from being a start up to entering the next exciting phase of its journey as a scale up. Our mission is to bring fairness & transparency to the UK mobile market by being the connectivity brand that stands out for being simple & honest.
SMARTY's a great place work - oodles of passion sit within a small, engaged team. We’re wholly owned by Three which means we can lean into our parent organization when we need to whilst still standing on our own two feet to deliver for our customers.
You'll need to be resourceful, in a growth environment like ours, there's no time for politics or egos - so you'll be comfortable in cutting through ambiguity to get things done. Most of all though you are curious about what our customers want, and you're obsessed with making things smarter, simpler and easier for them.
This is a brand new role in the SMARTY finance team, where you’ll get the opportunity to support across all areas, building knowledge of how a growing online Telco business operates. You’ll support our commercial teams as we look to develop innovative propositions to disrupt the market & our operational teams to ensure we’re scaling in the most efficient manner possible. We’re looking to improve reporting and developing more robust governance processes and you’ll be at the forefront of that, working closely with our tech teams to ensure we have all the reporting and data insights we need to set SMARTY up for success.
This role is a great opportunity to play a key role in a fast paced, innovative, collaborative team supporting Three’s sub brand SMARTY. In a growing team, you will be supporting across all areas of SMARTY, business partnering with all of our teams.
You will have responsibility across the entire SMARTY P&L and will have sound commercial understanding to be able to support business investment decisions and influence key revenue streams & control costs (both OPEX & CAPEX).
You will be expected to input into a wide range of commercial initiatives such as assessing new revenue streams and play a key role to launch new customer propositions as the business looks to grow even further in 2022.
• Delivery of month end for Margin, OPEX & CAPEX whilst also looking at what process improvements can be made to focus time on driving more actionable insights.
• Support delivery of quarterly forecasts across Margin, OPEX & CAPEX, working with budget owners to validate costs and managing targets. Ensuring stakeholders have clear visibility and ownership of their KPIs.
• Identify any risks to revenue and costs and develop a mitigation plan with the SMARTY Finance Manager.
• Robust modelling of new commercial initiatives for trading teams, supporting on growth areas identifying risks & establishing success criteria whilst making recommendations.
• Ensure processes and financial governance are fit for a growing business, including implementing, maintaining & supporting of purchase order trackers
• Support on SMARTY balance sheet, driving improvements and calling out monthly risks and opportunities.
• Researching & presenting opportunities that can drive improved insights and help SMARTY make more well-rounded trading and investment decisions.
• Working closely with Tech & Ops team to build out improved data insights and reporting to support Month End Analysis & Forecasting.
CIMA, ACCA or ACA Qualified
• Excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Experience of interfacing with commercial teams and dealing with senior stakeholders
• Report writing and presenting to a senior management audience
• Commercial finance experience across Margin & Cost
• Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
• Ability to operate in a demand led, rapid change environment
• Proactive attitude towards workloads with proven ability to self-start
• Ability to think wider than the financials and to think about wider business impacts
• Strong financial modelling skills
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.