|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2100N0||Reading||Reading Office (GBM)|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week.||N/A|
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
As part of a small team of 4 within the Finance function, we are responsible for the accounting of wholesale costs and revenues resulting from activity with both other UK mobile providers and international roaming activity resulting from more than 10 million Three customers connecting with over 400 foreign networks (pre pandemic). We also look after billing and invoice verification of UK activity and the settlement, analysis and reporting of international roaming (IR), working very closely with a Financial Clearing House (FCH) who manage our roaming AP and AR transactions. We work very closely with Group in the reconciliation and agreement of proposed IR discount settlements. Commercial advice and insights are also a key element of our remit as we manage FX exposures and partner with Group teams in the strategies for collection of the very high value international roaming discounts. We also work very closely with the local Fraud and Commercial teams and have strong links with counterparts in the overseas OpCos.
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious individual who wishes to grow and develop their financial experience. Last year, not only did we change our data clearing house but we also adopted a new accrual and discount calculation tool. With changing external influences this tool is constantly requiring new understanding and amendments to process. Additionally, the improvements we made to the Wholesale accounting process enabling us to capture any potential under accruals and at any time revalue foreign exchange exposures on outstanding invoices and discount activity also requires revisiting to accommodate recent system implementations and process requirements.
A technically demanding role, the position would appeal to finance professionals with strong relationship building skills who enjoy making such control improvements which in turn allow them to provide better commercial insights to their stakeholders. Within this role, reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager – Wholesale, you’ll gain exposure to various areas of the business and enjoy sharing insights gained.
This exciting position enables you to develop specialist knowledge of accounting for our Wholesale business. The role requires strong relationships to be built across the wider wholesale and finance community to ensure you can deliver accurate and timely management reporting.
Main responsibilities would include:
- Prepare Wholesale month end result by end of “Working Day 1” (WD1) in readiness for hand-off to FP&A who then allocate result across the various customer tariffs
- Prepare the monthly IR gross and discount accruals and calculate monthly historical adjustments, accommodating calculations for changing scenarios and commitments.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations with supporting back up by WD6
- Validate and reconcile invoices received against prior month`s accruals posted in the P&L and prepare the "Overs and Unders" report which gives other areas insight into the month end result
- Ensure quarterly KPI reporting is relevant and highlights are discussed and progressed with stakeholders
- Prepare and update Wholesale balance sheet forecast working closely with Commercial reporting teams and Senior Accounting Manager
- Mentor the Associate Accountant who is progressing with their accountancy studies
- Support the Senior Accounting Manager – Wholesale in regular ad hoc initiatives and projects which require a combined approach.
- Take responsibility for compiling and updating end to end processes for the most critical activities undertaken by the team, ensuring they are fit for purpose
The role would suit someone who can adapt to a changing environment with a keen interest in commercial implications of contractual decisions, understanding of risks and exchange rate fluctuations yet keen to ensure attention to detail in accounting and controls.
The type of person we are looking for.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- University Degree
- Excellent MS Excel skills (including pivot tables, vlookups, index match etc)
- Good Word and PowerPoint skills
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Strong financial accounting skills with attention to detail
- Experience working in a month end environment covering General Ledger close processes and month end reconciliation requirements
- An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with other teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical skills, showing ability to improve accuracy & efficiency
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.