|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2102N5||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
You will help develop and implement our Consumer regulatory strategy. You will analyse the regulatory policies affecting Three, develop a response and recommend a strategy to our senior managers. You will engage regularly with the business, advise on issues of strategic, legal and reputational importance and represent Three in front of Ofcom, Government and the wider industry.
You'll be part of our Marketing, Consumer and Regulatory Affairs team within the Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs function (LGRA). LGRA provides the legal and operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advise on compliance and advocate Three’s interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, government and the media.
You will report directly into the Head of Legal, Customer and Regulatory. The Regulatory team manages interactions with Ofcom and other regulators such in respect of regulatory matters. The overall objective of the Regulatory team is to give consumers the freedom to enjoy Three’s mobile services.
This role is fixed term cover for approximately 18 months.
At a high level the role involves taking end-to-end responsibility for regulatory matters affecting the mobile and broadband industry and advising on the application of legislation and regulation to Three’s business with a particular emphasis on customer and consumer matters. As Senior Counsel in the role would have responsibility for the following areas:
- Advising on compliance with regulatory obligations and legal aspects of Policy development and strategy for consumer regulatory matters;
- Responding to information requests (both periodic and in relation to pre-enforcement or enforcement action);
- Responding to and managing inputs to Ofcom’s own-initiative investigations;
- Managing disputes/litigation relating to investigations;
- Managing external advisors to help analyse regulatory issues;
- Incident reporting to Ofcom and management of information flows;
- MVNOs/wholesale, UK Broadband, sub-brands, group company regulatory support;
- Representing Three at Ofcom and Government stakeholder meetings;
- Drafting responses to regulatory policy consultations from Government, Ofcom and other regulators as appropriate;
- Analysing new product and services proposals and advising on the regulatory implications;
- Advising on the impact of changes to regulation and new regulation and supporting operational teams to make the necessary changes;
- External stakeholder management e.g. Government (DCMS, BEIS, Cabinet Office), Ofcom, MNOs, FNOs and industry bodies;
- Providing regulatory support for Three’s Information Disclosure Unit;
- Working with many parts of the business including Commercial, Economic Regulatory team, Corporate Comms and Risk & Compliance.
- You may also work with other parts of the Three Group and the wider Hutchison group on regulatory policy matters.
- Typically 10+ years’ PQE and qualification at a well-respected law firm in the UK or another Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Prior UK in-house experience in a telecoms or communications company or regulator and knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory framework for telecoms.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills (including experience in drafting regulatory submissions) and can put together clear and concise arguments, advice and presentations tailored to your audience.
- You can influence, persuade and produce impactful regulatory submissions.
- You can build and maintain a network of contacts across the business and have experience in stakeholder management.
- You possess an approachable and friendly attitude, excellent time management and organisational skills
- You are adaptable, flexible and a team player able to manage own workload and to contribute effectively to team initiatives.
Nice to Have:
- Familiar with mobile, internet, telecoms products and technology.
- Experience of working with regulators.
- Experience of supporting large scale programme implementation.
- Experience of advising on corporate compliance such as Modern Slavery, Anti-Bribery and Sanctions.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.