|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2201FF||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
We are looking for a bright competition and regulatory lawyer to join the Regulatory team at Three. This role reports directly to the Director of Economic Regulation.
This is an opportunity to work for a leader in the world of mobile technology in an ambitious culture and a busy environment. Lawyers at Three are regarded as trusted advisors and business partners, working in an open, engaged and customer focused culture.
You'll be part of our Economic Regulation function within the Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs Team (LGRA). LGRA provides the legal and operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advocate Three’s interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, and government.
You will be responsible for competition law at Three and advise on a wide range of regulatory matters.
In addition, you will lead our response to regulatory initiatives from Ofcom, the CMA and Government, working across the business to develop a position that aligns with our commercial goals.
You will work directly with our senior management, learning first-hand from their experience and being able to showcase your abilities to them.
The role will include:
• Providing competition law and regulatory advice to colleagues at Three.
• Managing our competition law compliance programme and advising the business on day-to-day compliance with competition law, ensuring Three stays on the right side of the law.
• Leading our response to policy initiatives from regulators – developing our regulatory strategy, obtaining sign-off for our recommended response, drafting consultation responses and presenting our position internally and to regulators
• Working closely with the General Counsel and the business to identify priorities and agree strategy.
• Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with external parties, including regulators, legal advisers and industry counterparts.
• Typically 10+ years’ PQE and qualification at well-respected law firm in the UK or another Commonwealth jurisdiction.
• Experience working at a top legal firm, in-house or at one of our regulators (e.g. Ofcom, CMA, etc)
• You are commercially minded and provide business-savvy, pragmatic competition law and regulatory advice.
• You balance strategic, “big picture” thinking with analytical ability and attention to detail.
• You can influence people at all levels (both internally and externally) in a clear, succinct, and persuasive way.
• You can build and maintain a network of contacts across the business and have experience in stakeholder management.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.