|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2200I0||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
You will help develop and implement our consumer legal strategy. You will analyse the legal obligations which affect Three, develop a response and recommend a strategy to our senior managers. You will engage regularly with the business, advise on issues of strategic, legal and reputational importance and represent Three externally as required.
You'll be part of our Marketing, Consumer Regulatory and External Affairs team within the Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs function (LGRA). LGRA provides the legal and regulatory operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advocate Three’s interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, government and the media.
You will report directly into the Head of Legal, Customer and Regulatory. The Regulatory team manages interactions with Ofcom and other regulators in respect of customer regulatory matters. The overall objective of the team is to give consumers the freedom to enjoy Three’s mobile services.
This role is fixed term cover until April/May 2023.
At a high level the role involves taking end-to-end responsibility for legal and regulatory matters affecting the mobile and broadband industry and advising on the application of legislation and regulation to Three’s business. As Senior Counsel in the role you would have responsibility for the following areas:
- Advising on compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and legal aspects of policy development and strategy for consumer legal and regulatory matters;
- Managing disputes/litigation relating to customer claims including managing a paralegal;
- Managing external advisors to help analyse legal and regulatory issues;
- Providing Risk and Incident management legal support including advising on appropriate business responses;
- Analysing new product and service proposals and advising on the legal and regulatory implications including project and major programme support;
- Advising on the impact of changes to legislation and regulation;
- Maintaining key customer contractual documentation;
- Providing legal input to responses to regulatory consultations from Government, Ofcom and other regulators;
- Working with many parts of the business including Commercial, Consumer, Service, Sales, Enterprise, Risk & Compliance and New Product Development. You may also work with the wider Hutchison group on consumer legal matters.
- Typically 10+ years’ PQE and qualification at well-respected law firm in the UK or another Commonwealth jurisdiction
- You are commercially minded and provide business-savvy, pragmatic legal and regulatory advice.
- You balance strategic, “big picture” thinking with analytical ability and attention to detail
- You can influence people at all levels (both internally and externally) in a clear, succinct and persuasive way
- You can build and maintain a network of contacts across the business and have experience in stakeholder management.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.