|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2200Y7||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
We are looking for a bright and outgoing lawyer to join our supportive and collaborative team on a Fixed Term Contract.
This is an opportunity to work for a leader in the world of mobile technology in an ambitious culture and a busy environment. Lawyers at Three are regarded as trusted advisors and business partners to the teams they support, working in an open, engaged and customer focused culture.
You'll be part of our Legal Affairs function within the Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs Team (LGRA). LGRA provides the legal and operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advocate Three’s interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, government and the media.
This role is a rare opportunity to operate within the Marketing, Media and IP legal team, working on a broad range of cutting edge contracts, including sponsorships and partnerships, media and data monetisation projects, media and marketing agency agreements and working with handset and consumer product providers.
At a high level, the role involves working on a broad range of contracts supporting the Commercial Directorate at Three. These will include marketing and media agency agreements, partnerships and sponsorship deals, loyalty partnerships supporting our loyalty app ‘Three+’, data monetisation deals and initiatives, devices contracts and more. You will work within the Marketing and Media legal team a collaborative and versatile legal team working on fast moving commercial and marketing projects.
The role is initially a six month contract with a view to the position going permanent at the end of the year. As Senior Counsel in the role you would have responsibility for the following areas:
• Business partnering with a range of stakeholders on a range of contracts.
• Negotiating and agreeing key contractual terms.
• Prioritising numerous demands for legal support.
• Providing holistic advice on legal considerations of contracts and new products, bringing in other lawyers with specific subject matter expertise as appropriate..
• Escalating key commercial and legal risks and summarising big deals for Group and management teams.
• Identifying opportunities to mitigate risks and/or learn from specific challenges, such as improving processes, developing best practice terms or new policy.
• Training operational and commercial teams on how to get the best out of contract negotiations.
• Working with many parts of the business including Commercial, Consumer, Service, Sales, Risk & Compliance and New Product Development. You may also work with the wider Hutchison group on group contracting arrangements.
• Minimum of 5+ years’ PQE and qualification at well-respected law firm in the UK or another Commonwealth jurisdiction.
• Strong advisory, drafting and negotiation skills with a commercial mindset.
• Proactive, practical and commercial – actively takes initiative and focuses on solutions/business outcomes and with a “can do” problem-solving attitude.
• Constructive and consultative team player with good communication skills with an ability to communicate with, and influence people at all levels (internally and externally) in a clear, succinct and persuasive way.
• Flexibility and ability to handle change and a busy environment.
• Ability to identify key issues of commercial significance and/or those with most significant risk profiles and work creatively and collaboratively to drive optimal outcomes.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.