Senior Test EngineerDate posted 02/08/2022
- Work location
- Dual Location - Home & Reading Office
- Contract type
- Shift pattern
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
The Test team has overall responsibility for testing of new and existing services and solutions being deployed in Three UK network. Working closely with Design, Operations and third parties, you will ensure the quality of solutions, services and products delivered into the production network meets the required standards.
You will be accountable for the delivery of your test programmes, along with the operation and maintenance of the technical systems under your responsibility.
• Test Analysis, Design, Execution and Reporting for test programmes
• Drive and deliver test programmes under your responsibility, working with stakeholders and partners on defect and issue resolution to ensure a commitment to business timescales
• Continual development and enhancement of test cases, documents and procedures and the supporting of test tools and systems
• Maintenance and operational stability and integrity of test platforms, systems and services under your remit.
• Providing test leadership, guidance and steering to other engineers within the team.
• Providing technical test support and consultation as required
• Build and develop excellent working relationship with our partners and stakeholders
• Proven experience in a technical domain within telecommunications
• Good knowledge of 3G/4G call flows and systems and their underlying protocols and standards
• Knowledge and solid understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle process
• Implementation of STLC for technical projects and programmes
• Use of test management tools such as HP ALM
• Use of test automation tools and/or test simulators
• ISTQB qualified
• Communication and collaboration with key stakeholders and 3rd parties to challenge, consult and deliver on test requirements
• Identification and analysis of issues during test execution or environment troubleshooting, driving resolution
• Communicating effectively within and outside of the organisation and driving collaborative working
• Effective decision making and prioritisation to deliver on time, cost and quality in line with business strategy and customer outcomes
• An understanding of Three’s products and services and how we differentiate in the market
Domain specific knowledge & experience – Desirable criteria
• Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas: Service Layer (OCS, PCRF), Messaging (SMSC, MMSC), IMS (SBC, P/I/S-CSCF, MRF, HSS, AS), Billing (offline and online charging), MVNO, Subscriber data knowledge (HSS/HLR, SDM)
• Experience in planning and executing testing of complex projects within telco domain