|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2101X9||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Work Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager – Transport Solutions and Architecture.
You will be working as a key member of our recently formed Transport Solutions and Architecture Team and will be accountable for leading the development of our end-to-end transport network capacity capability, driving improvements across key network efficiency KPI’s such as utilisation, latency and network reliability.
As a subject matter expert in network capacity management, you will be required to work with multiple stakeholders including strategy, design, delivery and operations teams to discover and understand business and technical requirements which will be used to develop capacity planning and performance modelling solutions.
The role will require you to utilise the transport network performance reporting and insights that are generated to provide capacity improvement demand into our annual budgeting cycles and establish appropriate governance to ensure that the initiatives are deployed in a cost effective and timely manner so that our customers get the best network experience possible.
- Development of the framework to manage transport end to end capacity ensuring capacity management practices are fit for purpose and implemented to time, cost and quality requirements.
- Discovery and capture of business and technical requirements from Tech and Ops stakeholders and providing prioritised development use cases based on business benefits.
- Creation of centralised data repository for transport network performance data utilising existing or new data repositories.
- Generation of transport network performance reports to capture statistics for key network KPIs including utilisation, latency and resiliency.
- Generation of transport network models to enable simulation of network demands and failure scenarios using modelling tools such as Cisco WAE, OPNET or other in-house tools.
- Generation of comprehensive response to Service Demand Forecasts, highlighting and managing key risks and issues related to transport network performance.
- Attendance at internal network performance forums.
- Experienced in requirements gathering to create performance reporting and modelling solutions across large scale IP and Transmission network environments
- Experienced in statistical data analysis using R, Python and database languages such as SQL.
- Experienced in developing capacity planning models to help drive network performance improvements including the ability to model what-if and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Experienced in generating business cases for required improvement initiatives to help inform annual budgetary cycles.
- Experienced in communicating complex problems using data and modelling toolsets to inform decision making.
- Ability to investigate network performance issues to understand root cause reasons and the implementation of tactical and strategic improvement plans.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.