|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|21022Y||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard Working Week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
Joining our optical design team you will part of the transmission team that supports our 3, 4 & 5G network, The position will enable you to influence the network build and future shape of 3’s optical network to ensure it is fit for the future as we expand and enhance our customer offerings.
You will be a business owner working on optical design projects from concept through design, governance and ultimately completing the handover to operations.
- Solution design customer requirements across the optical, fibre and DWDM networks
- Issuing requirements to suppliers & justifying their selection
- Ownership of projects to ensure these are delivered on time and cost
- Review, approve and type test supplier equipment and services roadmaps
- Document services to support the delivery of the project and operational handover
- Expert level of high capacity optical transport network design knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Supplier management platforms i.e. Huawei, Ciena, Infinera & Adva.
- Experience with supplier network management platforms - installation & upgrades
- Knowledge of Synchronisation transport networks.
- Accomplished in delivering complex transport and fibre delivery programmes
- Self-driven leader and a good team player
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.