|Job ID||Location||Work Location|
|2102HG||Reading||Dual Location - Home & Reading Office|
|Job Type||Contract Type||Hours Per Week|
|Shift Pattern||Closing Date|
|Standard working week||N/A|
Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we’re committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. Do however note, if you choose to apply for a different work location you will not have any eligibility for relocation support or travel allowances.
The Devices and Applications team is accountable for all technical aspects relating to the variety of devices that connect to the Three network. This accountability extends to SIM cards and the application services that Three promotes.
- Accountable for all aspects of the technical relationship for one or more of Three’s technology partners such as Apple, Google, or Qualcomm. In instances where more detailed technical exchanges are necessary between the Devices Design Team and the partner R&D team, the TRM will be responsible for maintaining awareness of those exchanges and how they can be used to strengthen the wider technical relationship. You will report significant updates to the rest of the Device team.
- Accountable for requesting, collating and archiving device, application service and OS specification and roadmap information from each technology partner. Information will be continuously updated and made available via SharePoint for wider access by the Devices team.
- Accountable for conducting technical account reviews for each technology partner at pre-agreed intervals proportionate to the importance of the relationship to Three’s business strategy. A baseline set of performance KPIs will be used for benchmarking partner performance against their peers. It is expected that you will meet with all partners at least quarterly. You may also be required to attend Technical Meetings that are hosted by Hutchison Global.
- Review and continuously develop the ways of working with our technology partners, exploiting process improvements that may be suggested by our partners.
- Responsible for understanding the Marketing device range shortlist and how our technology partners support the delivery of that shortlist. You will produce impact assessments on each device covering the test scope required to deliver to market, and identify any unique functionality that could have an impact to the network. You will be accountable for completing the test scope in sufficient time to meet go-to-market dates, including the prioritisation and publishing of defects identified by the Device Testing team. You will report regularly on progress to key stakeholders.
- Accountable for submitting Three-specific customisation settings for each technology partner on business as usual projects.
- You will be accountable for authoring, recording and releasing the approval documentation for new device launches and Maintenance releases that will detail any defects that are present and any conditions that were associated with the approval.
- All open defects and conditions are to be recorded and reviewed at Post launch reviews as part of ongoing in-life management.
The candidate will have a sound technical understanding at least one of the following:
- mobile communication technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A and 5G.
- mobile device design and architecture
- application service design and architecture
- USIM and security aspects of cellular technologies
- Strong technical account management skills in the mobile communications industry.
- Strong knowledge of new product introduction and/or go to market processes.
- Previous experience working with 3rd Party vendors to successfully deliver complex projects.
- Confident and articulate, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge and experience working with one or more of of the following partners: Qualcomm, MediaTek, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Google, Gemalto, Mavenir, Bluebeck.
- Experience of driving process improvements
- Understanding of mobile device test processes, logging, and debug.
Three are a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter (TTC), working across industries to drive greater inclusion and diversity in technology roles.